Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
New/Old Owner 1973 GT
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search, and while there are several threads of individual "Barn Finds", like mine, there is no one place to see all the diamonds in the rough we come across out there. At least not that I could find.

So, I thought it would be fun to post a thread dedicated solely to our lucky Barn Finds.

I'll start with mine. Just a couple photos, and a link to my thread (that I hope will show all the work I plan to do in the future.)

A link to my thread!

Front-low.jpg
Whole-Car2.jpg

Whole-Car-left.jpg
20 years in a barn outside of Gettysburg, PA.

I hope to have it running in time for Carlisle, though it will look rough, it should be fun!

Jim :cool:

·
Registered
703 Posts
I need to find out how to look in more barns without making people angry! Maybe I can pose as a photographer wanting to take pictures of their barn instead of going "hey mister, can I look through your barn for interesting old stuff?":veryhappy

·
New/Old Owner 1973 GT
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's how these things stay hidden for so long! Makes the search worth it. I found mine through a fellow motorcycle rider who saw me post an old Opel picture of a GT I used to own! Sometimes it is serendipity!

Jim :cool:

·
Super Moderator
13,552 Posts
My barn is so full of junk I consider it a 'barn find' anytime I find something I'm looking for....

·
Registered
638 Posts
Yeh I went looking for my torqu wrench one week end. Never found it so I went out and bought a new one. Mayby the new one will flush out the old one. Ron

1 - 20 of 21 Posts