Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do all of you guys post pictures on messages and for the random picture! None of my files will fit, the smallest file I can send is 370654 bytes and the picture I want to send is about 900000 bytes which is well over the maximum. Im using the lowest resolution on my camera that doesnt look pixilated.

·
Super Moderator
9,749 Posts
You'll have to get a good program like Adobe Photoshop and reduce it.

·
102 Posts
or Goto Download/General section

and download "infanview". It's a free photo editor and works like a champ!!!!
Thanks to Gary!:eek:

·
Administrator
10,229 Posts
Looks like Jordan was able to post his pics.

The max size is limited in order to limit the time it takes to load a photo. All it takes is to open your photo in a photo editor (like Irfanview, in the Downloads section) reduce its size and save it in jpg format. 800 x 600 pixels works the best for most monitor settings. This keeps most photos to ~35kb and they load real fast.

Another tip is to "Crop" out the excess and center in one your subject.

One of theses day's I'll get around to that Photo FAQ page......

·
Super Moderator
5,918 Posts
Photo Size

To clarify Gary's comments, the 800x600 resolution works for the gallery, but it needs to be much smaller (350x250 or thereabouts) to attach a photo to a message. And you MUST save it in a .jpeg/.jpg or .gif format in either case, NOT a .bmp format, which is many times bigger in size for a given photo.

As mentioned, all you need is an image viewer/editor program, such as MS Photo Editor or Irfanview, which is in the download section on this site. Most digital cameras come with an image viewer/editor program (my Pentax came with ACDSee) which should also work. Simply open the photo in the image viewer/editor, find a choice such as "Image/Resize" (in MS Photo Editor), "Edit/Resize" (in ACDSee), or "Image/Resize/Resample" in Irfanview, and set the number of pixels to the desired count. Save it (as a new name, otherwise you just changed your original photo; I just usually add the new pixel count to tell me it is a lower resolution photo) and then post the saved image. Easy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts