Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those posting new pictures, PLEAse read the top of the upload page, in that, you HAVE TO have a title for your picture(s) in order for them to be approved. This is Gary's rule, as it will help when you use the "search" feature in the photo gallery.
Thank y'all:D
Now back to our regulary scheduled posting...:banana:

·
boomerang opeler
5,670 Posts
below is an example of what we can not approve
it is the default from a camera or scanner
as we have some 100's of 002a's and dsc's its hard for folks to look for a photo
another thing is a small bug with the photo loader but when you upload a photo the second line is a dropdown box that asks where you want to post the photo ,
please do not choose opel photo ,technical data,opel of the month or misc.when they are starting at the extreme left of the box (highlighted in blue on the pic)as these are titles and not folders

Attachments

·
boomerang opeler
5,670 Posts
adam,
if you look in general discussions it is at the top of the page all the time (remember a lot of folks think the front page is the site but the forums page is the main bit and in our garys forum there are many rooms ,some that are used and some that are not ,like the ads section ,parts review,and opels on evil-bay )

·
Administrator
10,377 Posts
spdkilz02 said:
when u say that its stuck on top what does that really mean?..is it supposed to be on the main screen when u first get to the page or what?..sorry im just confused by that...
There is an option for Moderators to "Stick" a thread to the top of the forum it is in. The Latest Threads section on the Main Page is a summary of recent threads that is constently changing.

·
boomerang opeler
5,670 Posts
bump again cause some folks cant have read it as they still post in the title instead of the sub headings
see
http://www.opelgt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7884&d=1134567552
the titles that start on the left edge are not groups you can post in
ps
any one who has posted pics of late and have not been approved please delete and repost or retitle thank you

·
Super Moderator
6,365 Posts
I moved this thread to the Moderator's Forum because I wanted to discuss it off-line.

I thought that the requirement was that all photos have some kind of related key words, either in the description OR in the title, so they could be searchable. Gary, when did you make it a REQUIREMENT that "Default numeric titles will no longer be accepted"? It would seem to me that it is a lot of unnecessary work to re-title a file if the poster at least puts the key words in. Sure, encourage searchable titles, but MANDATORY? Frankly, I have posted a couple hundred photos from OMC and Tacoma, and if I had to rename every file, I might have just passed. No, I WOULD have passed.

There are a bunch of REALLY neat photos in the admin hold bin that have descriptions but numeric titles. I am inclined to ignore this little rule, at least until I can copy them to my PC.

And on the topic of posting in the sub-headings, why does the Gallery allow photos to be posted in a heading that isn't allowed? I am often chided by the program when I am doing the Admin Approval thing that I "can't post in the "Opel Photos" gallery", but that is where the poster was allowed to place them. Can't the ineligible headings be made to be "non-postable"?

I might be a bit grumpy tonight, but that is how I feel...

·
boomerang opeler
5,670 Posts
keith i think it went mandatory weeks and weeks ago , i was asking who was ok'ing them without a title in august
http://www.opelgt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7345
so its pre then
when we get a post that has # or default title i hold them and ask poster to retitle but they sometimes get ok'd anyway see mike segals he changed title by repost and sprinttier who changed after it went through with a default title

there was a request for all members to spend some time and change all pics to searchable titles last summer

the bunch of pics in admin are a prime example ,they are all posted inti opel photos (a heading not a folder) they are all default title (and he does know how to post correctly http://www.opelgt.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/7300/limit/recent)

btw it does sound like a grumpy day :veryhappy
could this not have been done in moderation and left this as a sticky as we had it so that just 1 or 2 of the proletariate might of read it and started to do it right

·
Super Moderator
6,365 Posts
baz said:
could this not have been done in moderation and left this as a sticky as we had it so that just 1 or 2 of the proletariate might of read it and started to do it right
Sure, we can put it back there after it is discussed and decided.

I had forgotten that earlier thread, and I even participated in it! But Moderating is a big enough job without adding to it, and if the the issue is simply one of having searchable words in the photos, then EITHER representative words in the description OR in the file name should suffice. The race car photos have the description, but most are not titled descriptively. I may be inherently anal-retentive, but one or the other should be good enough.

JM2CW, but Gary has the final call.

·
Administrator
10,377 Posts
OK, I removed mandatory from the description. The intent was to try and get posters to put a title and description with their photo so the search engine could locate it. Like search for "GT Front view" and get a bunch of GT pics. (that was really wishful thinking on my part.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.