Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Jared and Wayne, I have the wiring figured out for the power mirrors from the donor Mazda 626/RX-7. I was able to repair the single/selectable RX-7 control pad I had with a little Printed Circuit repair tape and a trace repair pen. I also got the mirrors to work with the separate controllers from the 626. Now I can decide which to use, depending on how they fit in the console or in the dash.

For those interested in having power mirrors, look up Wayne's article at
http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/oana/tech/Pwrsm.pdf

or at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/class...ion/Power Mirrors for Opel GT/Where It Is.htm

The following is the wiring for each controller type (single pad with selector, and separate controller for each side). I have shown the wiring colours at the mirrors, since Mazda switches from one colour to another at a connector in the mirror base, which seems to be prone to failure. It is easier to use the source wiring at the mirror, and then make the appropriate connections at the controller:

SINGLE PAD (thanks to Jared):

The single pad controller has six wires:

light green/yellow
light green (to Drivers side mirror)
light green/black
light green/red (to Passengers side mirror)
black (to ground and/or to one black wire on each mirror)
dark green at controller (blue on the car side of the plug) this is a switched power supply

The harness in between the controller and the mirrors looks like the same colours should plug in, but when I followed the factory diagram, the mirrors didn’t function. So just follow the directions above and ignore the harness colours in between.

Passenger's side:
from controller to mirror

light green/yellow to black
light green/red to dark green
light green/black to dark blue
black to black (must be grounded)

Driver's side:

light green/yellow to black
light green to dark green
light green/black to dark blue
black to black (must be grounded)

There are two black wires on each mirror. It doesn’t matter how these are wired, so long as one is grounded, and the other connected to the control wire shown. The choice of “driver” versus “passenger” side wiring (just the “light green/yellow” or the “light green” control wire) depends on how you orient the control pad. But this is the way it came from the donor car (Jared, this is opposite of what you sent me, but is how the mirrors actually work)

TWO INDIVIDUAL CONTROLLERS (thanks to Wayne):

Each controller has five wires, of which one is Blue/black (power supply). The rest of the wiring is as follows:

Passenger's side:

Brown/Yellow to black
Brown to dark green
Brown/White to dark blue
White/Black to black (must be grounded)

Driver's side:

Green/Black to black
Light Green to dark green
Light Green/Red to dark blue
White/Black to black (must be grounded)

Again, there are two black wires on each mirror. It doesn’t matter how these are wired, so long one is grounded, and the other connected to the control wire shown.

Good luck, and enjoy!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts