Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Opeler
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of four std. bore 265 Chevy pistons and an 8 set of rings for my 2.0L build. My question is: Is it more practical to build with these parts, or with OGTS's 2.0L pistons? Will it be a cost wash with the extra machining required to use the Chevy parts as opposed to the ready to use Opel parts? I want to proceed, but could use a little advice.

Thanks, Wes

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Once you get everything machined, pistons, rods, block it starts to become a wash. Then lets not forget the week of design to get it all just right and not explode. I always recommend the 2.0s from OGTS, the price includes rings and pins too so hard to beat it. Plus it puts you over 9:1 compression ratio.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
after doing the 265 piston 2.0 liter, i'd go with the OGTS pistons next time around honestly. cost is about the same but with less machining work and you know OGTS will stand behind their product, always.

·
199 Posts
I am currently running an 2.0L with OGTS pistons and Im loving it. Easy just a little machining needed to the block

·
U-2 Driver
126 Posts
It depends, I just had all the work done myself, and since I was able to score the 265's for $40, and I am having someone do a new head for me with the 1.72" intakes and 1.5 Ex, its has actually saved me a few hundred, but I am a scrounger. Most of my parts I have found at a discount on evil bay. If you stick with Bob's article, you'll be fine.

PS, I have some Rod bearings as well as mains That I am not using

·
Non Civilian
2,100 Posts
call OGTS and see if they have any pistons. they havent for awhile. so the 265 my be the only way for you to do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.