Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinkin.. I have like 2 or 3 extra doors for the GT, and if I were to restore them to like perfect shape, and prime them..would it be worth my time? How much do you think I could get for each one? With and Without glass? Im not too sure the regulators are in that great of working shape, but the door itself would be great.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
I think they would be worth about $250 or more in a stripped and primed condition, depending on the quality of the work. The chrome trim around the window in excellent shape goes for the $50-100 range on Ebay.

Could you get that for them? Who knows.. I would do one and pt it on Ebay and see what happens.

Remember though, the biggest problem with doors (and other large sheetmetal objects) is the shipping.

Charles

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
What year and what side is the first thing that comes to mind. Charles is right, freight on a door is motor cargo not even UPS would take it I imagine so the buyer would have to add that to the price making it a bit steep. On the other hand, door handles and any chrome in good shape is easy to sell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts