Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Opeler
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, after much trial and error I am now going to post some pics of the GT I owned back in 87, until a guy who was 93 years old and swore he didn't see me, decided to try to drive thru me while making a turn. I will own another one some day. I will just make sure to put a 12 point cage and 5 way harness in it.

Attachments

·
Opeler
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had better than 18 stitches in the top of my head from the windshield glass, neck injuries (severe whiplash), and a sore left hand. I still suffer from problems with my neck. Considering I came to a stop from 45mph in less than 25 to 30 feet, and eye witness reports from several people stated that the car left the ground flipped up sideways and impacted some huge power poles on the corner then came to rest back in the street, I consider my self to be very lucky. There were 2 other car accidents, in seperate locations in the same town, that same day, in which each resulted in fatalities to the drivers. All involved small cars. Like I said, I consider myself lucky to be alive, someone was watching over my shoulder that day.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
thats why old people and soccer moms shouldnt be allowed to drive in the same town with cool cars. my dads TR7 was creamed by a soccer mom and his mg midget was totaled by a semi.

·
Opeler
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update to this story

So I thought it would be very appropriate to update this little story of whoa, by stating that after 24 years and 6 months I am now once again a proud owner of another 1973 Opel GT!!!! I find it hard to believe I was able to find one for a reasonable price for the condition it is in, albeit in need of a lot of work but most defiantly restore-able.

Attachments

·
Opeler
153 Posts
Whoa Nelly!

I don't know, Chuck, she doesn't look all that defiant to me. But your woeful-story-turned-suddenly-hopeful is definitely an inspiration. Congratulations and best of luck in the new year with a new GT!
:yup:
vancek

So I thought it would be very appropriate to update this little story of whoa, by stating that after 24 years and 6 months I am now once again a proud owner of another 1973 Opel GT!!!! I find it hard to believe I was able to find one for a reasonable price for the condition it is in, albeit in need of a lot of work but most defiantly restore-able.

·
Vendor
3,089 Posts
Looks like a nice GT.
Congratulations on getting "back on the horse" after the wreck in '87. My first GT also met a similar fate, although it was T-boned on the passenger side. Took me almost 20 years to get another one, but I didn't sustain nearly as much damage (car and driver :eek:) as you did.
Have fun, and post up a few more pictures of the new addition.
Cheers,
Ron in Indy

·
Opeler
255 Posts
BUrnt Opel Gt

I got my first Opel Gt in 1973 but unfortunately it burnt due to a faulty block heater. I really loved that car but alas I soon needed a pickup truck for the farm and a passenger car for the kids. In 2005 with all the kids having left the nest and having just retired I purchased an Opel Gt in California through Ebay. I restored it and I enjoy this one even more than my first one!!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts