Opel GT Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still can't find the private messages, that includes the ones sent tome, and the ones I send out. Is is gone? If not, I can't find it. I know someone provided an answer, but it didn't work for some reason. If you know how to send and receive private messages, I would appreciate a step by step method of signing on to the private messages.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,890 Posts
Click on your avatar in the top right hand corner you get a drop menu and the click on coversations hth :)

·
Opeler
2,885 Posts
Click on your avatar in the top right hand corner you get a drop menu and the click on coversations hth :)
Select Navigation (three Vertical Dots located at upper RH Screen next to your ID Square / Avatar.)
Select FAQ (in drop down menu)
How To Find Conversations (Private Messages) »
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “conversations”.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
13,785 Posts
I clicked on your avatar in this post and that took me to your Profile page. I found a link to Start a Conversation and that opened a message box. I wrote you a quick test message. Now, when you click on your avatar in the upper right corner and select Discussions, you should bring up a screen that has my message.

I get the sense that messages can be kept forever, so we don't have to delete them when our mailbox is full. I don't see a delete button. I suppose you could start a conversation/PM that never ends by just adding to the bottom of the previous messages you had with someone. And your previous "PMs" or messages are all contained in a single thread-like format. You don't have to start and send a separate message everytime you reply to someone. Yeah, you could start a fresh new conversation with someone you already have a conversation started with, but why bother? Just add to your previous one. The recipient will see that a new reply in an existing conversation thread has been posted.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
13,785 Posts
Hmmmm.....interesting.......I just checked my conversations/discussions/PM's and I see that the message I sent Bob is now also in my list of conversations, even though he hasn't replied yet. It's kinda neat that you can keep all of your previous comments on a certain subject contained in a single thread-like "post".

·
Administrator
523 Posts
How To Find Conversations (Private Messages)

From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “conversations”.

The messages are threaded, so you see both sent and received in one location.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
523 Posts
I have a huge favor to ask of y'all.

Please post all questions, feedback, etc., regarding the new platform in the Community Feedback thread rather than starting new threads.

The reason this is important is that we will be seeing weekly updates (approximately) which are largely fueled by community feedback.

Keeping all the information in one thread helps us make sure that we don't miss anything.

I will be closing this thread to avoid confusion, but please understand that we absolutely want to hear all questions and feedback, both good and bad, we just want to keep in in one thread.

- Cricket

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.