Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Mender
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all Opelfriends "over there" or elsewhere off course.
Here is my contribution to Opels survival and making them go faster.
Sorry about the text (in Swedish) but you can always look att the pictures.

Today i have a 2,2i from Rekord built in but it will be replaced sometimes in the future.

Spec. on the turboengine

Ported 2,2 head with TG 75T camshaft specially made for turboengine, forged 45/40 valves, double valvesprings.
1,9 Engineblock with forged 96 mm Volvo pistons, SAAB H-profile steelrods 134 mm c-c. Flywheel lightened and balanced together with crankshaft.
Stiffer pressureplate? with sinterplate.

More info to come in the future

//Magnus

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,896 Posts
Going to have to brush up my Swedish, looking good Magnus, keep us posted!!
Does any one know a translation tool for Swedish to English??

·
OPEL PARTS GREECE
206 Posts
Hi all Opelfriends "over there" or elsewhere off course.
Here is my contribution to Opels survival and making them go faster.
Sorry about the text (in Swedish) but you can always look att the pictures.

Today i have a 2,2i from Rekord built in but it will be replaced sometimes in the future.

Spec. on the turboengine

Ported 2,2 head with TG 75T camshaft specially made for turboengine, forged 45/40 valves, double valvesprings.
1,9 Engineblock with forged 96 mm Volvo pistons, SAAB H-profile steelrods 134 mm c-c. Flywheel lightened and balanced together with crankshaft.
Stiffer pressureplate? with sinterplate.

More info to come in the future

//Magnus
I have to refer that you have done an excellent work :You_Rock_ :hail:

·
2,896 Posts
Just the engine I'm looking for, for my Ascona, don't care about the HP but I would certainly love the torque :haha:

·
Mender
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive started to make some details in fiberglass. For example: frontpanel , rearviewmirrors in own design. More to come: widened frontwings,original frontwings,bonnet,bootcover etc.

You can always look at the pictures on my "homepage"

Please adjust my english if its necessary. Its difficult with names on all parts of a car.

·
2,896 Posts
Not that much any more but my car had some restoration done before :lmao:

I see that you are using Volvobromsar is it a bolt on system or are there modifications needed?? From what model Volvo are the bromsar??

·
1,973 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,485 Posts
I am curious as to what these injector plates are specifically. I have never heard of an aluminum injector plate for an opel manifold, but from my understanding the 2.4 manifold are made for o-ring injectors but I thought they were still phenolic. The ones on this manifold which appears to be a 3.0l manifold cut down are modified, but what did they start as?
That's called 'overspray'.....:D

They look like the phenolic ones to me, with some silver paint on them.

Bob

·
1,973 Posts
Bob, if you look closer you'll see what appears to be casting flash in the front of it and they appear to have additional sleeves of some sort welded to them.

·
Super Moderator
13,485 Posts
Bob, if you look closer you'll see what appears to be casting flash in the front of it and they appear to have additional sleeves of some sort welded to them.
I dunno, I still think they're phenolic plates, and the injector bungs look epoxied in place to me, then painted silver. Perhaps Magnus will comment on how he did the fitment.

Bob

·
Mender
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OOOppss

Im not updated here. Havent got any form of message that you guys have posted in my thread. Sorry for a whole month.

The injectorplates comes from 2,0 E (maybe they are different here in Sweden)and is made of aluminium. 2,4 has phenolic.
I have welded (maybe my welding skills make them look epoxied Bob) new injector bungs to fit the Bosch injectors.

Bob ...... I dont understand that thing "overspray" Does it mean that I have painted them?

The manifold comes from 3,0 Monza , yes. Volvo 960 throttle body.

Filip..... I´ll see what I can do!

·
Mender
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not that much any more but my car had some restoration done before :lmao:

I see that you are using Volvobromsar is it a bolt on system or are there modifications needed?? From what model Volvo are the bromsar??
Calipers = bromsar or bromsok

Honda Prelude 2,0 i 16V -89-90 rotors 262mm
Volvo 240 Girling calipers

The calipers fits the Opelholes but they must be milled 2-3mm on the attachments (approx 1/10 of an inch) to center over the rotor.

Sorry kept you waiting for the answer

1 - 20 of 51 Posts