Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 months since I picked up the car, today, I put it on the road, it was exciting :D Runs rough, needs lots of work: timing, suspension, etc. etc.
As many of you know the car had no breaks, no carburator and even the gas tank was sitting on the passenger seat, the exhaust system was a very damage side pipes, now is all original and new. It needs allot of work but I'm very encourage by the progress. I want to thank all of you for all the help in putting it back toguether, I know I couldn't get here without you unselfish help.

Attachments

·
Opeler
36 Posts
cool

Yep I know the feeling, it's great. I got mine driving in a couple of days, and suprisingly it ran great, except for the fact your feet could touch the road if you wern't careful. and not having breaks makes an intresting drive. Anyway I hope your project goes smoothly, and just out of curiosity how does the car run without a carb.? :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:) fortunately I own a parts car that provided me with an assortment of parts, and the weber was one of them. My biggest problem at this point are the head lights.

·
Opeler
162 Posts
Well :mad:I need it to rewire them because it was a fire waiting to happen.
So I took everything apart lube the assembly and now I'm putting it all back together.....so basically the problems I'm having are the adjustments to make it work smoothly. Any suggestions??

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Yeh! Patience .....

Took the two guys at the panel shop and me three days to get mine right - just got to put everything together, try the fit and location of the closed bucket and note where to move things.... then have another go .... then have another go. We finally used a tiny skim of Urethane filler to "even out" the gap around the hole the bucket fits into when closed.
Oh! It is very much worth it to have one of the few GTs whose head light buckets actually fit flat and even when closed.
Good Luck .... and patience! :)

·
1,709 Posts
Hi al olmo, I use a white-out pin to mark where to buckets are then make the adjustments & I can see where the bracket was . The pins can be bought at an office supply store, also you can use them to mark wires,timing marks ,vacuum lines & etc. then wipe off later.This helps if you
have to leave apart, then come back to project at a later time .HTH
Guyopel

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! I'm making real progress, I've make them close and lock but is not a very smooth operation, I think I'll be able to get it :p it is what you said PATIENCE. Next problem "the clutch".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts