Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 121 Posts

·
Bikini Inspector
5,769 Posts
Wish I had some money laying around. I would flip it to Europe.

But since I don't have any money just laying around I offer my listing services. Nice description tons of pics and Dieter's translation it would be well worth the extra headaches of going overseas.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Your car is a credit to you. Very well presented. Good luck with sale if you proceed. FYI a '71 GT sold at auction in Dublin last month for €14,700 and it was nowhere near the standard and quality of yours.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Your car is a credit to you. Very well presented. Good luck with sale if you proceed. FYI a '71 GT sold at auction in Dublin last month for €14,700 and it was nowhere near the standard and quality of yours.
It's never good to see another GT leave the states but you certainly can't be faulted. It would surely be in good hands if a hobbyist goes to the trouble and expense of buying and shipping it from the US. Good luck with the sale, whatever you decide.

·
Vendor
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It is a very beautiful GT, I remember it from Springfield (yes, I voted for it!).

If you want to sell it to Germany, I'm willing to help with translating your description. Be ready to take and host 100+ pictures to cover everything for a potential buyer.

Dieter
Thanks Dieter,
Norbert has a friend who has expressed interest, but I never sold a car overseas, so I wanted to do some research and see how that works.
Yes, I agree that the more photos, the better. I would welcome an independent inspection by a third party also. I want to be 100% transparent
about what the car has, and what it needs-particularly if the buyer isn't able to view and drive it.
Cheers,
Ron in Indy

·
Vendor
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks James, although I can't take much of the credit. The person I bought it from did most of the work, and I just extrapolated on his
"show car" concept. It was fun being the caretaker for the last 10 or so years, but it's time to pass it on to someone else to enjoy.
Cheers,
Ron in Indy

·
Vendor
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Florida is a great state to own a GT in for year round driving. And yours looks amazing! I vote for you to keep it and take it with you! :)
Agreed. It would be fun driving this car down alligator alley, but we had to make some tough choices about which cars to keep.
I'll pass along your vote to my wife, but I have to warn you that she has "line-item veto" power. :)
Cheers,
Ron in Indy

·
Pedal Smasher
1,952 Posts
Ron, do you plan on getting another Opel in the near future after the move?

·
Vendor
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Ron
I look at the pictures again! You have glue the Opel Letters after the paint job at the rear panel:confused:
Yes. When the previous owner painted the car, he must have decided to not use the stock position for the OPEL letters.
They are somewhat more spread out than original, and I suspect they are put on with emblem adhesive. After 10 years in my
hot garage, they are still firmly attached, so I don't know how easy it would be to move them.
Cheers,
RR

4,231 Posts
Yes. When the previous owner painted the car, he must have decided to not use the stock position for the OPEL letters.
They are somewhat more spread out than original, and I suspect they are put on with emblem adhesive. After 10 years in my
hot garage, they are still firmly attached, so I don't know how easy it would be to move them.
Cheers,
RR
The question was only, I do the same.I didn`t want drill new holes.But I glue in correct ullage between the letters.
Thanks for respond
Norbert

PS.I think you will get a email in the evening today!

·
1,639 Posts
Ron
Do you have a firm buyer yet. A local Opeler here in Springfield has a friend from Europe looking for a GT. If it is still for sale PM me your phone number and I will pass it along to him.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have sold a car (not an Opel) on BAT previously and was very pleased with the experience. My car sold for a good price ($$) and the buyer even asked to buy any spares I had for extra $. Fee was reasonable. The forum participation in each listing is part of what makes the site and experience great. BAT my even bring European buyer into the mix for you. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

·
Vendor
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I have sold a car (not an Opel) on BAT previously and was very pleased with the experience. My car sold for a good price ($$) and the buyer even asked to buy any spares I had for extra $. Fee was reasonable. The forum participation in each listing is part of what makes the site and experience great. BAT my even bring European buyer into the mix for you. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.
Peter,
Thanks for your thoughts on BAT. If I understand the process, they actually get to decide which cars are listed on their site.
I'm still considering going down that road, but I need to get more photos/videos first. Bud's 1968 Opel Kadett Wagon is a good example
of the kind of listing I would shoot for.
Cheers,
Ron in Indy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I am French, owner of a Corvette C6 LS3, that I want to resell and buy an Opel GT.

I read inaccurate things about prices in Europe. The prices displayed are not the selling price. GT posted at 15000 € can be sold at 8000 € because the bottom is rusted.
Then we must add to the US price, land and sea transport.
Example A Mustang bought in Dallas for $ 13600 and shipped to Miami for the boat, to France, costs a total of € 17,000 ($ 19,000) to the port of Le Havre.
I enclose the photo of a GT that comes from the USA sold in France 10000 €.

What interests the Europeans are GT to restore but with a rust free bottom (California ...)

Your car is very beautiful (below to see).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Interested in the GT if you are able to talk

Hey Ross -

I am interested in your car. I actually have a low-mileage 1973, no rust, Orange GT but the math to restore it just doesn't make sense. Plus mine was in storage so long (since 91) and as much as I have done on it, I really would rather have something that has been completely gone through.
So looking for something really nice -- but not a trailer queen as I want to drive the thing -- and maybe yours is the answer. Love the color and the high compression motor would be an upgrade for me.

Let me know if can talk /if you still have the car.

Not sure if I can PM you with my info but I shall try.

Sean gorman ([email protected])

·
Vendor
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Just a quick update to this thread.
My GT is still for sale. I spoke with BAT, and they wanted to list the car, but
we couldn't agree on a reserve. I'll likely put it up on eBay later this month, but I
wanted to see if anyone here might be interested before I go down the auction road.
I posted a few videos to YouTube (forgive my crappy camera skills)
and have about 100 pics in a Google Photos folder that I can share with anyone who
might be interested. Just PM me your email address and we can chat. Based on the feedback
here, I'd like to get ~ $15K but I'll entertain all reasonable offers.
Cheers,
Ron in Indy

21 - 40 of 121 Posts