Opel GT Forum banner
121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Opeler
127 Posts
That's too bad. I was bummed to see this one go the first time.
I was seriously considering it but couldn't make up my mind before the ebay auction closed...

I'll just have to fix up the one i currently have :)

·
Vendor
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
A friend notified me that my old GT has resurfaced in Vegas. These are the same guys that have been trying to sell the blue GT with blue wheels for a while (on eBay and on their site) My old '70 now sports a spoiler (OK, but not a good color match for the rallye orange) and a new steering wheel, as well as an updated stereo (which it really needed) Everything else looks essentially the same as when I sold it two year, 4 owners, and ~650 miles ago. :rolleyes: I can probably answer any questions if anyone is interested in potentially purchasing this car.
Cheers,
Ron in FL

·
Opeler
1,303 Posts
A friend notified me that my old GT has resurfaced in Vegas. These are the same guys that have been trying to sell the blue GT with blue wheels for a while (on eBay and on their site) My old '70 now sports a spoiler (OK, but not a good color match for the rallye orange) and a new steering wheel, as well as an updated stereo (which it really needed) Everything else looks essentially the same as when I sold it two year, 4 owners, and ~650 miles ago. :rolleyes: I can probably answer any questions if anyone is interested in potentially purchasing this car.
Cheers,
Ron in FL
When I first started reading this, I was hopeful that you were buying your car back. Seeing the current sales price, those are some expensive additions…being a spoiler, a radio and a steering wheel! I guess you left money on the table there Ron ;)

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
792 Posts
This copy was in the ad for the Orange GT - Who ever wrote their copy is not very gifted - "The Opel was a stylish coupe that handled well and looked good from every angle. Step in and your transported right back to 1970." Let the Good Times Roll+. Was a stylish coupe and Looked good ???????

·
Vendor
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
When I first started reading this, I was hopeful that you were buying your car back. Seeing the current sales price, those are some expensive additions…being a spoiler, a radio and a steering wheel! I guess you left money on the table there Ron ;)
Ha. Still looks like it has the same slow transmission leak that I never got around to fixing. :D I think the asking price is "aspirational" but they have also been trying to sell this one for more than a year @ $34K. That's why I was a bit surprised to see another one for sale by the same guys, since the blue one hasn't moved yet. Oh well, re-paint that spoiler (if that is your thing) and I think you still have a nice car for $10-15K.
Cheers,
Ron in FL

121 - 126 of 126 Posts