21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think mine are part# 24-064187

·
Registered
426 Posts
I will have to check the shock itself to be sure of the part number. I am open to a trade, I’m not looking forward to buying new shocks when these are basically new.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Awesome. And thanks for the real shock data.... that is 'shocking'.... But were your measurements to the top end of the upper pin? I'd have to see if that is the right way to measure them.. I just can't recall right now. You made a choice with a good long stroke.

I can't help with the springs.... I always wanted moderately higher rates but with a taller installed height so just had to go with longer, stiffer ones. (Rallying....) I do remember using ones with a slightly larger outer dameter; not a problem in the rear but I had to 'bevel' the bottom coil on the fronts to keep them in the slightly small spring pockets up front. They never flew out, even with all the crashing and bashing....This was all to use cheaper American spec springs.
According to the KWB site you measure from the middle of the eyelet to the middle of the upper bushings... lie where the two bushings sandwich together. This is what I did and the measurements I got.

As for the springs, you're a man after my own heart. Using cheap/good but easy to get stuff is the name of the game.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I will have to check the shock itself to be sure of the part number. I am open to a trade, I’m not looking forward to buying new shocks when these are basically new.
Are yours on the car? The P/N should be fairly visible even if they're installed on the car. I would LOVE to have put bilstein HD's all around but I couldn't find them

·
Registered
426 Posts
They are on the car, should be able to slide under easily to see. I’ve had good results with the hd series but if I don’t go with a strange adjustable shock I want to try the ak series from bilstein

21 - 27 of 27 Posts