Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, i have to sell my gt but i don't know how much i should sell it for. New paint job, classic green, it needs new radiatior, drivers side window, and the interior done. still original engine, and only 67 000 miles... my wife wants me to buy a NEW car so no more projects for me for awhile....

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of anybody having to make that choice. But if you feel you want or need to, that's a personal thing. Right now the car market is pretty down. Not to say it won't sell, it might take longer to get a good price. How much to sell it for is hard to estimate without having seen the car. I would take a look at E bay and watch what one similar sells for. I don't think Ebay is a good market to sell it in. You may get alot of exposure but you may find yourself locked into something you don't like. If you can wait for it to sell, place some adds on the opel boards and test the waters. It doesn't cost anything. And you might get what you want out of it. I originally found the pair that I bought on another add board. Paid pretty much full asking price too, but the add was there for almost a month.

Just a few thoughts, and I wish you luck in whatever you decide.

·
boomerang opeler
5,648 Posts
juggernaut check to see if you are trying to upload a fromat that this site uses(JPEG GIF and such )also it can be no bigger than 600 pixels square
i was always trying to up pics from photoshop which uses a different file and was not recognized

·
boomerang opeler
5,648 Posts
ron
p-shop will normaly keep the format the same as the imput or last file type "saved as" just a pain when you forget to alter it for web use

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Kyles, with all the work it needs, you aren't gonna get alot. May be between $400-800. I bought a 69GT for $150 in about the same condition except for the engine. As far as the wife, let me say this: a good woman is hard to find. But if she loves you and you can park and cover your GT, tell her she'll have a new car w/o selling the GT. It will keep you home with a project to play with. You won't get enough for a down w/ the GT.
just my 2c's

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
1) It might be worth it to buy the glass and redo the interior and the value may go up.

2)you can just offer it as BO and see what offers you can get.

3) divorce lawyers and papers are getting very affordable these days, j/k

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you asked her if you could cover it put it away for awhile?
Or finish it on the Christmas fund? (Christmas fund: $20 to $50 a month). It will take longer but GTs are getting harder to find and you've done most of the work.
A good woman is harder to find than any car.
Good luck
Lee

·
Registered
37 Posts
Having just purchased my third GT, I am fairly familiar with the current market. I learned the hard way about what NOT to buy with my first two, and finally found one worth paying for with the third.

Based on my experience I can tell you that I was willing to pay a lot for a rust free car. The interior had been redone on it, body is rust free, but the engine had 200k on it. Didn't matter to me, though, since I wanted something I could rebuild. The guy was asking $4200 originally and sold it to me for $3200. As far as I'm concerned, it was worth every penny. You just need to take your time finding the right buyer.

I do agree with the previous post though. Replace the window and shore up any loose ends. It will make it easier to sell. You also might wait till Spring, as prices usually improve then over winter prices.

Best of luck!

Jason

·
1000 Post Club
4,118 Posts
I agree with trying to put it into storage. Mine was on the road for 2 years and then under cover for 17 years before I finally got to rebuilding it. Luckly my wife likes the car and she knows I won't sell it.

It is worth the wait when you take it out for its first test ride after you finish it(is it really ever finished?):)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts