Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Opeler
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the happy new owner of Keith's Opel GT Spyder. I couldn't be happier. It is everything he promised it would be. I have never seen another vehicle that gets the attention that this little car gets. I own a car dealership in west GA. I drive somthing different all the time, but this car is my favorite by far. Thanks again Keith. Great job!

Dallas Mize
Just found out today, one of our members DALLAS passed away at age 38 on Oct. 31 2008. I have not seen anything on the site about him. I met him during cruising the coast in 2007. Yep he brought the OpelSpyder from Georgia. Mighty nice guy. He has a web site DallasMize.com. His life story is told here. Very sorry to here this.

·
'72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts
Just found out today, one of our members DALLAS passed away at age 38 on Oct. 31 2008. I have not seen anything on the site about him. I met him during cruising the coast in 2007. Yep he brought the OpelSpyder from Georgia. Mighty nice guy. He has a web site DallasMize.com. His life story is told here. Very sorry to here this.
Holly cow - that is terrible news! I had noticed that he wasn't on much lately. Any more details?

Matt

·
789 Posts
very nice man and a beautiful GT

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I did a "Google" search and came up with this partial obituary. I couldn't get the full story, maybe someone can get more info. It's a real shame, and I'm sorry to hear this. Condoleances to the family and friends.

Winston, GA News

·
Trouble Maker
1,523 Posts
Totally unexpected. I always think of Dallas when we have out get togethers and hope to see him. Such an upbeat guy. We'll all miss him!

·
1969 GT
13 Posts
Full version of the obit.

Dallas Elliott Mize

Monday, November 3, 2008 12:40 PM CST

(WINSTON, Ga.) Dallas Elliott Mize, 38, of Winston, Ga., died Friday, Oct. 31, 2008.

He was born Sept. 16, 1970, in Roanoke, the son of Brenda Pate Francis and the late Elliott Mize. Mr. Mize was a partner at Best Net Auto Sales. Besides his father, he was preceded in death by his son, Tyler Mize.

Survivors include his wife, Tera Martin Mize; parents Brenda and Randolph Francis of Wedowee; children, Brendan Mize and Megan Mize of Winston; two sisters, Tawanna Mize Williamson of Wedowee and Roxanna Francis of Houma, La.; brothers, Jeff Mize of Carrollton, Ga., and Cliff Mize of Anniston.

Services will be Monday, Nov. 3, at 1 p.m. at Word of Life Gospel Ministries with the Revs. Lloyd Latham, R.C. "Ikey" Watson and Keith Jiles officiating. Burial will follow at New Hopewell Baptist Church Cemetery, Abernathy.

Pallbearers will be Cliff Mize, Jeff Mize, Shannon Cheaton, Damion Landry, Corey Martin and Marcus Bagwell. Honorary pallbearers will be Wayne Martin, Arron Williamson, Ryan Parmer, Jeff Lovings and Gabriel Liner.

Messages of Condolences may be sent to the family at Welcome.

Martin & Hightower Funeral Home, Carrollton.

·
Super Moderator
13,576 Posts
This is horrible news to hear. My condolences to his family. Carlisle won't be the same.

·
Administrator
10,075 Posts
That is sad news.... I have fond memories of him from the Carlisle meet.

An entry from Dallas' web site:

October 17,2008
Hello again world. So much has happened and I need to catch up. Megan is 3 (going on 23) and Brendan is 14. Brendan has been driving us around a little. More me than Tera, her nerves can't take it. Megan is just wanting to get bigger so she can climb on the monkey bars. She plays her CDs and dances around her room and it just fills me with joy to watch her. She has never taken any classes or anything, but she dances slow and uses lots of hand movements and keeps a serious look on her face. She is graceful and acts like a little ballerina. I still don't know where she learned that from. She will at times "get down" and she is a great dancer. I do know she gets that from her Mother.

I do love you all and remember...

"IT'S O.K."

Dallas

Friday, October 31,2008
Today Dallas went home to be with his Lord and Savior. He will be greatly missed by all that knew him and so many people loved him, but we take security in knowing where he's at. I wanted to share something a friend of Dallas’ told me at his funeral home because it’s just so “Dallas”. He said that Dallas was probably in Heaven putting remote entry and hydraulics on the pearly gates. And that they will probably be ‘2000 Corvette yellow’ when we get there. Dallas would want you to smile and he would have got a kick out of that. Please always remember Dallas as the wonderful, smiling, generous soul that he was. We all have been greatly blessed to have had him for 38 years and are all so thankful for that. ~teRa

·
Living in the past
2,304 Posts
Dallas (Spyder Owner) Mize

very nice man and a beautiful GT
Anytime someone that young dies unexpectedly it is a shock to everyone that knows or has met them. He was very proud of the GT Spyder and the work that he had done to it. He always seened to want to share his feelings with other members and, Yes, he will be missed here. Speaking of missing members I have not seen anything of Soybean here in a long time, or did I miss something about why he no longer posts here.

·
Vendor
2,428 Posts
Really sad news, especially when it happens to such a young family...he was a young, vibrant guy... full of life, he will be missed.

·
'72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts
...Speaking of missing members I have not seen anything of Soybean here in a long time, or did I miss something about why he no longer posts here.
I was wondering that too. His screen name was one that just sort of stuck out so I would always notice when he was logged on but had also noticed his absence... I'm still in shock over Dallas - he loved that GT and was exceptionally nice the couple times I met him. I really feel bad for his family to lose him so young - especially his kids...

·
Opel Addicts
2,464 Posts
So sorry to hear about Dallas. Our condolances to his family.

Vickie & Allen

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
We lost a nice humble friend who always had a kind word for whatever project you where working on. Wow I'm in disbelief....

·
Administrator
10,075 Posts
...Speaking of missing members I have not seen anything of Soybean here in a long time, or did I miss something about why he no longer posts here.
I was wondering that too. His screen name was one that just sort of stuck out so I would always notice when he was logged on but had also noticed his absence.
I don't have too many details but someone did speak with Soybean just prior to the Charlotte meet.

·
Super Moderator
9,694 Posts
GEEZ, I just found out about this, I tried calling him the other day to just chit chat, and all I got was his voice mail. I figured he was just busy. OMG! My condolences to his family....he will be missed.

·
Opel Key Master
5,074 Posts
Dallas

I was the first to meet Dallas before he came onto the Opel scene. Actually I didn't meet him in person though, but only talked to him over the phone about the purchase of the Spyder. I didn't even meet him when they picked it up, but talked to him several times on the phone. I decided to invite him to the Opel show in Charlotte that year, as he really did not know of other events as he was just getting into the Opels. Well the rest is history, and he really opened doors to other people who were attracted to the car and saw potential in the Opels. I didn't know Dallas on a personal level, but honestly I am not surprised of what has happened-well not 100%. On his website he gets personal, to a level I feel is too personal for online talk. Back a few years ago he had a close encounter with death, and this may have been the cause. He will be missed, my condolences, and for his two children, which are still very young...I wish the best. His older son Branden may he step in his fathers footsteps when coming of age, and continue in the Opel spirit. Dallas told me " I always wanted an Opel, and now I'm at the point, that if I am going to get one-it will be the best!" Well thats what I contributed to him, and I always felt he was more than 100% satisfied, and it shows with his passion to show his car with great pride.
Keith

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,129 Posts
I feel so sorry about his family. That came very unexpected! Take a few minutes and sign his guestbook, it can be found by following the link in post 6.

Dieter

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,402 Posts
I met Dallas at the 2007 Rt66 national meet. He impressed me with his friendly attitude and his love of life. He will be truly missed. My condolences to his family.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts