Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine, who works on a NASCAR team, told me to give him the number off a GT spark plug and he would "cross reference" it to a NASCAR Autolite spark plug. Sure enough, he did and he brought me eight of these things!
Do you think they will work better for our engines? I am really tempted to give them a try but I want to ask the Opel Gods before.
The specs on the plugs are: Autolite AR3933X and it says "Racing" on the plug itself, as you can see in the pictures. Also, as you can see in the pictures, there is no electode and there are four grooves cut along the outside. Since there is no electrode, the plug is a little longer but the overall threaded area is the same as the regular plugs. It should not be a problem with the pistons. I have a stock 1.9L engine and still running points!
The guy said these plugs are not sold to the general public. At least that is what he said.
Thanks for any advice you may be willing to share...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ooooner, do you know what heat range these plugs are? A hotter plug might give a little more power on the stock 1.9. If you raise the compression or supercharge hot plugs arent the best idea as they can lead to detonation. Also too cold of a plug will foul easily. I would double check the heat range, run it for a bit, and then look at the plugs to see it their is any signs of fouling or detonation. Neat find none the less.

·
Super Moderator
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kmon, I have no idea as to what the heat range is on these plugs. The guy just gave them to me and I said "Thank You". I was just wondering if there would be any problems that anybody could think of using these plugs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.