Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Exhaust is almost done. Need to cut in a flex section. Found one in my shop today. So will add that Inline to the spintech muffler.

The door hinges are insane heavy. So looking at alternatives. May make some sheet metal copies of the heavy steel ones, at least for the driver's side. The passenger side door can just be bolted on.

I have a shitton of parts on the way that should be here this week. Including a lot of Redline racing oils.

Attachments

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,613 Posts
Are you sure you want the fuel tank right next to the driver like that? Even if it's a fuel cell, I wouldn't want to put that in the passenger compartment right next to the driver like that. For a racing GT, I'd keep it in the trunk and create a firewall from the rear storage section.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Per our rules, we are allowed to do that. The cell will and all fuel components will be firewalled away from the driver. we have done many cars like this.
Plus the cell is better protected within the crash structure of the roll cage.
Out back, it's too close to the rear diff and not well protected. We are not allowed to make a tube frame chassis.

Reactions: Autoholic

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
and my MR2s, I sit closer to the fuel cells as the tank sits in the tunnel.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Only by drivers that don't know how to drive. Kids that chose to run 180tw tires in the snow, throttle lift when you should never lift, and driving too fast for their experience and conditions.
I owned the 100,000+ member MR2 club and have endurance raced a full aero V6 powered MK2 MR2 for the past decade, before that MK1 MR2s with 2-liter turbos and high hp 1600. Now I have 2 MR2 Spyder race cars and one street-driven version.

Reactions: Autoholic

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ordered tires yesterday. Just decided to go with 205 50zr15 mounted to my Rota 15x7 wheels. Got the Maxxis VR1 since they pay us to advertise. Gotta keep the clients happy.

Got the new Kirkey containment seat. 16" version fits like a glove and does not sit outside the window.
Fuel cell firewalled. Still need to seal it up and paint it flat black.

The passenger door now bolts on. Saved a ton of wait. since I added a ton of weight.

Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

I am dreading wiring this baby. I hate and love wiring.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts