Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking into going with a 3 core radiator for my 73
GT. I had thought that some of you had said you took the original 2 core radiator and had a radiator shop put 3 cores in. I spoke with a friend of mine and he said when he took his radiator to the local shop, they told him it was too old and would not work. He said that a 3 row heavy duty radiator was made by a company in Ohio for a cost of $250! He said that that price was in line with the OGTS price of $239.
Didn't some of you say, at one time, you had a radiator shop do
the work for a lot less money? Just asking a few questions before I go and spend $250!

Thanks, Roy

·
Opeler
65 Posts
I did have my radiator recored with the 3 core and the guy at the shop never blinked or said a word about it being too old. That doesn't really make much sense. He went to catalog and looked up the dimensions and had it done in a day or two. I think it was about half the price you've been quoted for a new one. I'd try another shop and see what they say.
oklaopel

·
Super Moderator
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oklaopel...
Thanks for your reply. That's about what I figured. I relayed your message on to the friend of mine who is having problems. Of course, I'm going to be doing something with my radiator as well so I will just check a bunch of different places. I live in the middle of a lot of NASCAR race team shops here in NC and have a few inside connections I can check into. Maybe one of those guys can really help me out!

Roy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts