Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Opeling since 1991!
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it basically be worth it to have my radiator reworked and possible improved for better cooling?

There are a few excellent radiator places nearby me that would be capable of doing this.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,839 Posts
Check the cost. I have a three row from OGTS that cost about $250. A good local place may be cheaper. Or not.
Regardless, better cooling is better cooling and almost always worth it.

·
Opeling since 1991!
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called the local radiator shop and they quoted me $350 for a simple re-core! I think they are off their rockers!

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
409 Posts
I got mine up graded to a 3 core for $225 at Green's Radiator in Purcell Oklahoma. Have you thought about moving out west...

·
Super Moderator
5,927 Posts
My re-core was $203.79 Canadian, which is about $140 U.S. Have you thought about moving to Canada?

·
Opeler
5 Posts
other radiators???

are there any radiators that would fit from other cars?? I have a friend who has a salvage yard with lots of cars just not opels? just wondering about it. Thanks Steven

·
Senior Contributor
499 Posts
ever get to St Louis? I have a slightly ratty but working (just past inspection with it) extra three core (cheapish say $30) and an expensive straight flow race radiator that I am about to put on ebay.

To have a gas tank boiled out and painted and a 2 core changed to a heavy duty 3 core cost about 300 here in STL I think

calvin the arthrictic, one eyed, turtle mechinic still ploding along on the rebuild... I don't see why the old parts can't wash, refurbish and repaint themselves... And why is it you realize you don't have THE necessary part needed for any work to continue always right after the part store closes for the weekend???

C

1 - 9 of 9 Posts