Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This dusty GT is on page 26 of Classic Motorsports magazine, July 2020
IMG_8323.JPG

·
Vendor
2,590 Posts
I that a wiring harness sitting on the hood? If so, it probably didn't "run when parked". :whistle:
Also, the birds are creating an interesting asymmetrical racing stripe.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts

Reactions: dpre

·
RunOpel
1,253 Posts
Wonder what it would look like with a good wash and wax ;) There does seem to be more Opel's up for sale with very little information.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was copied from a page of "Abandoned Classics", a monthly feature in Classic Motorsports magazine.
They are not listed as for sale, just cars that seem to be abandoned, owner and location not always known or mentioned.
......3 more pictures may help clear up the confusion. "Ran When Parked" is overused in For Sale adds. A 'Joke' here.
IMG_0764.JPG
IMG_0762.JPG
IMG_0766.JPG

·
Vendor
2,590 Posts
Hopefully someone can save that GT. Actually, it looks pretty solid, but I'm guessing there will be a lot of homeless rodents once someone moves it. :p
Love those "gonna fix it up someday guys"

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Mine has looked like that a time or two during its 50-year run. Now that I'm retired she gets a lot more attention. And so does the Opel. :LOL:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
September 2020 issue of Classic Motorsports has an Opel GT on page 26 in it's ' Ran When Parked ' section.
' Abandoned Classics To Cool To Forget
DSCN6934.JPG
DSCN6936.JPG
DSCN6945.JPG
DSCN6948 (2).JPG
DSCN6950.JPG
'..... These are not cars listed 'For Sale' . ( But some of them might be ? ).

Then on page 58 there is an article ' The Military Connection ' . At the bottom of that page is another GT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts