Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I wasn't sure quite where to put this, but here is the problem I am having with my new GT (bizzare - I warned ya):

When she came off the truck, I noticed about 5-10 moths inside. Ok, no big deal.. I shooed em out and drove on to work. During the drive I noticed about 5 more buzzing around the rear window. Hmmm.. got to work and shooed em out. Went back out to show the car to a co-worker after a couple hours and I kid you not there had to be 10 more inside!! Well long story short this is happening everytime I let the car sit for an hour or two. I've left the windows open for hours, I've driven with the windows down, etc etc. Yet still this morning.. about 10 more moths when I went down to my car! I can't figure out where they are coming from and I don't know what to do. I can't "bug bomb" the car or it will get goo all over the dash, windows, etc. but I don't particularly care for all the "company". Any ideas???????? PLEASE!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Kristi-

there's about a dozen places inside the car where they could be hangin' out:

Spare tire area
Under the back floor
under the dash
under the seats
in the doors

Just to name a few.

If you don't want to bomb it - toss some mothballs in and leave the window open. They'll leave of their own accord.

·
257 Posts
Kristi,

I've done this before with an older car.
Get some fresh scent RAID, cover your seats and dash,
roll up your windows, spray raid into the car (kinda like a fog).
close the doors and let it set for the night. It seems to work for me......Kills the bugs and smell April fresh.......

Stanley

1 - 3 of 3 Posts