Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else get an email from FedEx that something from OGTS is coming to them? I haven't ordered from OGTS lately, so I'm not expecting a package. Is this something related to the holidays? Marketing material for Christmas? I'm excited for something random from OGTS but my curiosity is going nuts.

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
1,179 Posts
They have a new promotion for the super Opel enthusiast - they send you an original GT that has had no work done to it for the past 50 years and a coupon for 10% off all of the parts that you will need to complete a full restoration......sorry Joe I just could not resist.....let us know what you receive...

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s also possible that this was a mistake or that someone is sending me a gift from OGTS. The package says only 3 lbs, so it’s not a large package I’m thinking. There are items I eventually will buy from them… like a lot of items. But I uh already went on a shopping spree this year with our European suppliers.

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just checked my account on OGTS and nothing is listed for this shipment. So... I guess I'll just have to wait till Black Friday to see what it is. I'll share whatever it turns out to be. Strange packages from an Opel supplier are always welcome.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
1996 Opel Calibra
7,902 Posts
Did anyone else get an email from FedEx that something from OGTS is coming to them? I haven't ordered from OGTS lately, so I'm not expecting a package. Is this something related to the holidays? Marketing material for Christmas? I'm excited for something random from OGTS but my curiosity is going nuts.
Ahh.... gonna go with its that 5 speed shifter you ordered..

Reactions: terrylewisac

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’ve ordered less than $200 from OGTS and they had what I ordered in stock. I am waiting to hear if the gas tank will ever happen but I would know about that kind of shipment.

I’m not a big spender at OGTS yet. I’ve been tackling my European orders first. On that side, ya… I perhaps went a bit nuts this summer.

·
Opeler
999 Posts
It could also be a scam. I get these emails a lot from (or saying they are from) Amazon, and other retailers I don't do business with. They want you to click on a link which may have malware, or they are phishing for credit card # and PII. Check the return email addresses closely.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sounds like a scam to me. Be careful.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts