Votes: 22 6.4%
  • Ignition Switch

Votes: 67 19.4%

• Total voters
341 - 345 of 345 Posts

·
Opeler
2,925 Posts
I was in the shop today working on the GT. Nothing major, just piddly stuff. I got to thinking about this thread and I finally have the answer. The rarest part on an Opel GT is the part you need. When I did several modifications on my GT, it kept getting harder to find the parts I needed. Well other than wash jobs and things like that, all I want to do is drive the GT. It's still a head turner especially in the farming town where I live.

Bob
:ugh: Never thought that GT OEM seats would be rare, and their shipping cost was one of the factors?

I should have bought NEW hydraulic lifters (several sets) when they were very common.
Thinking of my previous homes in other states that had big garages and large basements.
Darn, San Diego Postcard weather!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Got an excellent price on the seats, $110.00 to ship from Washington. Thanks Dan! Well worth it when your head touches the headliner. I am 6 feet tall, so not that much out of the ordinary. Loved the Corbeau seats, but they just sat up too high. Now all I have to do is get the gauge cluster back in and I am ready to drive her again.

Bob

·
1,873 Posts
I have several spare doors that have been stored inside which should have good used trim and belt molding chrome if you run into a dead end. I also sold a variety of nice chrome pieces on FaceBook market place in the last month.

·
RunOpel
976 Posts
What did you pay for those Lindsay? I thought OGTS stocked those...

341 - 345 of 345 Posts