Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for new rear brake hardware kit for a 1974 Opel Manta.
Doing a complete brake job and seems the only part currently unavailable is the rear brake hardware kit.
Tried all the usual sources i.e. OpelGTSource (and all other suggested Opel parts dealers), RockAuto, eBay, Amazon to no avail.
Trying to get the car ready for Import Carlisle next month.
Parts or suggestions greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
776 Posts
SplendidParts shows it in stock. However, the company is still displaying its notice that operations are shut down for the time being and I can attest to shipping delays because of the Covid. But perhaps an email to Udo explaining your situation and the need regarding Carlisle, and perhaps he can expedite an order for you. Can't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SplendidParts shows it in stock. However, the company is still displaying its notice that operations are shut down for the time being and I can attest to shipping delays because of the Covid. But perhaps an email to Udo explaining your situation and the need regarding Carlisle, and perhaps he can expedite an order for you. Can't hurt to ask.
I have pleaded my case, hopefully they will respond.
Danke schön!

·
Registered
848 Posts
The brake parts are available almost everywhere in Europe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The brake parts are available almost everywhere in Europe.
@ Commodåren, Thanks for leads, brake hardware + ordered.
Just hated to not replace the hardware since replacing everything else.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,380 Posts

This says it's for Kadett front brakes but it looks like the rear hardware I've seen all my life
I would bet that the Kadett Front DRUM brake (as shown in this ebay auction) has a different size and hardware kit than the Manta Rear drums.

PS: It seems that Splendid is open. You only cannot pickup your parts in person, which I doubt you planned in the first time.

Dieter

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@ Mitch Manta~
I'm interested, will this fit 1974 Opel Manta Rallye?
I'm not familiar with "big brake" terminology.
I ordered a kit from Autoteile Haslop but no shipping status yet and will be "down to the wire" getting car ready for Carlisle. The hardware kit is all I need to compete the rear brake system with all new components.
Separate conversation initiated,
thx

·
Registered
848 Posts
I assume he means the stock 246mm solid brakes that came around -74/-75 that replaced the 238mm ones. They should fit p&p.

·
Super Moderator
13,815 Posts
Do you still need a rear brake drum hardware kit?

I found a couple kits today is why I ask.

Reactions: Timbo
1 - 12 of 12 Posts