Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of replacing all the metal lines and rubber hoses. Got everything unhooked, but I haven't been able to get the rear rubber hose out of the brackets. They're not frozen, since they turn with a wrench. I can't find a clip holding them, and I haven't been able to pull or tap them out. It looks like a P.O. sprayed some kind of sealant gunk all over there, so maybe there's a clip that's buried? Or maybe it's just gunked and needs a good hit with a hammer? I didn't want to do that until I asked someone who's replaced these before (obviously this is my first time).

·
Super Moderator
5,996 Posts
There is a "C" clip that attaches the hoses (front and rear) to the support bracket

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Missing clips?

Thanks for the info, guys. I swear, under all that gunk, I couldn't see any clips. Hopefully I'll be able to scrape the material away to get the clips off and be able to reuse them.

Ron, just wondering where you got your hoses from? I got hoses and metal tubing from OGTS, but didn't get new clips or hangers. I went with the aftermarket hoses rather than original since they were $20 cheaper.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Scott, I got the whole ball of wax from OGTS, lines, hoses, emergency brake cable, wheel cylinder repair kits, poly bushings for the complete rear-end rebuild. Everything except the clips and the brackets the hoses go to. They're original off my car, they've been cleaned up and painted with POR-15 clear, along with all the brake lines. HTH.

Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.