Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed all new flex hoses on my Gt. The front brakes bleed ok but nothing on the two rear brakes. Does anyone have any advise on the best way to proceed?

·
Senior Contributor
499 Posts
I just had this problem. I am not sure if this is the right way but it is the way I did it. Start at the closest fitting to the front of the car and see which is most likely the front end fitting of the rear brake flex hose, (unless you have something like my 74 manta parts car that had a fitting near the bottom of the bellhousing). Since you are going to be bleeding them anyway pump em after you open the fitting and see if the fluid comes out. If it pumped fluid close it up and go to the next fitting and repeat the process till you locate the blocked area. When you do, remove the blocked area section of hose, in my case a rear flex line, and replace it. Bleed brakes and you should be ok.

hopefully someone more qualified than me know a better way and will post it and we can both learn....

c

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i would take the the steel line off before the rubber flex hose ontop of the rear axle. see if you get brake fluid before the flex hose. if you do then put it back on and try at the other end of the flex hose. if you dont then its the hose is defective, if you do then its probably in the perportioning block.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts