Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Opeler
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something I have meaning to post for some time now and I see there is some interest recently generated on the subject.

I have converted my rear marker lights to function as combined markers and turn signals. This is done simply enough by removing the light bulb from the marker unit, leaving the socket in place, and replacing it with a new socket in a bracket you can build yourself. It is only necessary to hook up the wires to the wiring harness so that the turn signal lead activates the bright element. I installed a polarized plug to make removal/installation easier but that is optional. The bracket is just a small piece of sheetmetal that I had laying around from another project.

In the last couple of days, there was a posting describing a source for extra bright bulbs to go into the sockets. I am going to buy a set to enhance the visibility.

The two images I have attached show the setup and the components necessary for the change. BTW this is a completely reversible project and does not alter the original fixture in any way.

Bill and the FrankenOpel
You can be arrested for being a flasher!

Attachments

·
Opeler
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These are the components used in fabricating the revised bracket. This photo shows the bracket flat, the bracket bent, and the wiring stuff available from any auto parts store. The socket must accomodate a dual element bulb. Be careful to clamp the sheet metal before drilling because when the bit gets stuck it turns into a mini finger whacker.

Bill and the FrankenOpel

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts