Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the interest of cleaning out the kadett and ridding it of the resident bug population, I'd like to pull the rear seat for a while. How does it mount? Clips or bolts? Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
1,219 Posts
It's been 30 years since I took the back seat out of my 71 kadett, but I believe it is removed the same way as most GM products. Push the bottom seat back toward the trunk and and lift the front. I believe the bolts that hold the back will be visible after the bottom is removed. If that doesn't work, send me a message and I'll check my 71 service manual.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, i pushed, pulled, shoved, and dangnear hurt myself. No dice. I even pulled the cardboard bcking in the trunk, but still couldn't see the mounts. Right now I'd bet you couldn't get it out wit a cutting torch, but hey, it's been that kind of day.... :eek:
Figured I'd cheer myself up by hooking up an old battery and at least bumping the starter or turning on the headlights. Battery hooked up, and absolutely nothing.....
Wonder what the heck that's about :rolleyes:

·
Opeler
13 Posts
I went through the same thing recently with my Kadett back seat. I pushed and pulled and tried going through the trunk, but NOTHING would move. I think it's the most solid part of my car. I don't remember what the manual said, but it wasn't helpful. Finally decided it looks good where it is. Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad I'm not the only one......
I figure that since the upholstery is shot, when I get ready to redo it, I'll cut my way in and see how it's mounted. Until then, I guess it's fine where it's at! I did spay the thing lightly with bug spray, though....

·
Registered
6 Posts
not sure if it is any use to you at this point but I recently pulled my back seat out and basically you just have to pull straight up on the back of the seat, and then pull it towards you. then the bottom just lifts upwards also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts