Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Opel fan
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know for sure if the shiny trim that goes around the side windows in the rear are different between the fixed and the pop-out windows? Obviously, the actual rubber gaskets are different but the shiny trim that surrounds the window and is held in place by the rubber gasket, are they different? I have some trim from the fixed windows to compare to my 72 with the pop-out windows, but without removing the pop-out window trim, it's hard to be sure. They look the same to me but I don't want to remove the trim from the 72 to do a side by side comparison. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,779 Posts
I'll take a look in my parts book tonight.....

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
The pop out window chrome is screwed on under the window gasket. The fixed windows use a chrome strip like is around the door glass. The two do not interchange at all.

·
Opel fan
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
window trim

Thanks for the info, I was told that they were different but couldn't see the difference without removing the trim. It's always nice to get a second opinion. You never know!

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
There is also a full set for the pop outs on ebay. Fuzzy picture so no idea of quality. And as most of us have found, that is the spot were people try to break in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts