Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needing the rear trim strip for 1 1973 Opel. Can be some damage as long as the right/passenger half is in good shape. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
PaulHuffer: Good Luck on finding a rear trim. They are all the same sp any year will fit your GT. I think you have a little trouble finding one, but good luck, I hope I am wrong, it would make things easier. Have you looked at the ad boards? Once in a great while you will find on on the board, don't think about the price, just buy it. I got lucky a few years ago. O got a perfect one and the guy that sold it to me knew how to package it so it wouldn't get messed up. I have never seen another one anywhere. Good Luck on finding one.

Bob

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I was in a similar situation years back. Decided to omit it, and have never regreted it... Hopefully you find one, but if not these cars look great without them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PaulHuffer: Good Luck on finding a rear trim. They are all the same sp any year will fit your GT. I think you have a little trouble finding one, but good luck, I hope I am wrong, it would make things easier. Have you looked at the ad boards? Once in a great while you will find on on the board, don't think about the price, just buy it. I got lucky a few years ago. O got a perfect one and the guy that sold it to me knew how to package it so it wouldn't get messed up. I have never seen another one anywhere. Good Luck on finding one.

Bob
Thanks Bob, I actually located one on this forum. Fortunately, I only needed a partial piece of the trim, as the shop doing the restoration can blend the new trim with the damaged piece. They said they could fabricate it, but it would have been a lot more expensive. Will end up with a 20k restoration, but it will end up looking like the day it rolled off the assembly line. Will post pics once it is done.

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Paulhuffer: glad you found at least half of a good one. You must have the "magic touch", I have never seen one on the forum before (except the one I got). As for money, I have about $31,000 into mine, drove it off the showroom floor in 1971. Had many offers n it, but I think I am addicted to Opel GT's. Keep track to everything you put into your GT, you will be surprised. You and see my car on the forum pictures under "Bobby's Girl"

Keep the restoration going.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts