Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
FYI

I oreillys crossed the bosch 3330 to a wix 51348 which i have not seen listed anywhere

it is a small od and short type

·
Registered
22 Posts
FYI-Car Quest filters are Wix. Same filters, same numbers, different paint & box-less money.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Does anyone have information on the shortest oil filter available for the GT? I need the shortest one possible to fit properly.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Unfortunately, the standard size will not work for me. I have an oil cooler adapter that makes the standard filter hit the crossmember. I have to lift the engine a little to change the oil. So, I need a short filter.

·
Opeler
3,721 Posts
I have installed the oil cooler and was obliged to use remote oil filter. I admit, I hate extra hoses and hate oil leaking on the belly pan whenever changing the filter.

When I spoke to Gil at Carlisle last year, he told me that some Renault models are using short filter that will fit, so I tried to identify it. After many efforts, I was able to find one in Quebec at the price of $22.00. Poor availability and high price put me away from the Renault filter.

Finally, I found short filters at Splendid Parts in Germany.
Ölfilter Spezial kurz -- just ordered few and hope that they will come in original packing in order to cross-reference them and find them in North America. In a meantime, I will keep the remote filter.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have installed the oil cooler and was obliged to use remote oil filter. I admit, I hate extra hoses and hate oil leaking on the belly pan whenever changing the filter.

When I spoke to Gil at Carlisle last year, he told me that some Renault models are using short filter that will fit, so I tried to identify it. After many efforts, I was able to find one in Quebec at the price of $22.00. Poor availability and high price put me away from the Renault filter.

Finally, I found short filters at Splendid Parts in Germany.
Ölfilter Spezial kurz -- just ordered few and hope that they will come in original packing in order to cross-reference them and find them in North America. In a meantime, I will keep the remote filter.
Thank you for the information. I actually have a remote filter setup but was hoping to be able to use a short filter instead for the very reasons you listed. I spoke to Gil yesterday and he mentioned the Mann W77 filter. This is the one for the Renault that will work with the GT. I found it at the following link: </title> <meta name="keywords" content="W77,MAN"> <meta name="description" content="" /> <meta name="keywords" content="" /> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="epccatmain. I am going to order one of these and give it a shot. If it does not work, I will use the remote filter.

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
789 Posts
Purolator number has been changed from L10028 to PL10241, that is for the 10,000 mile model not that I will let it go that long or even close to. They have a 5000 mile model as well which both come up on the computer for an Opel GT.

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
789 Posts
Changed the oil and the new filter fit perfectly.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Yea, now that you mention it.......Trying not to start a new thread, this subject does not seem to change a great deal, over time. Cheers

·
Registered
789 Posts
OK Joe, Next time around it Royal Purple. I know where to find the thread;). Thanks, Carl

21 - 36 of 36 Posts