Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fram oil filters - 1971 GT

Does anyone know the part number for a FRAM oil filter that will fit the 1971 GT?

Thanks Graham.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PH-966B, or for slightly higher oil capacity, PH-16. Also good (if you can find them) is the Purolator 10028.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ok After searching the forum with no luck knowing this info is there I will ask anyway.

What is the recommended oil filters for an opel 1.9l engine

I have seen these used

xxx 966b
quaker state qs3614

regards

·
Registered
259 Posts
ok I found them under part subs.

no thanks to the search function just good old fashion digging.

napa 1364 or bosch 3330 for me thanks guys

regards

·
Super Moderator
8,156 Posts
GT/Manta - WIX 51374
Kadett/Manta/1900/Sportwagon - WIX 51364 (taller)
If you trade with NAPA drop the first digit and ask for a 1374 or 1364 NAPA Gold.

WIX Filter Look-Up

HTH,

Harold

P.S. Link came in handy when Oreilly's didn't have a listing for my tractor and I didn't want to buy one from the dealer. :no:

·
Super Moderator
9,671 Posts
Well, I knew this would come up one day, so, I'll post this list I carry in my wallet so that I can walk into just about any parts store and "hopefully" get something:

Purolator- L10028
Fram- PH3614
Fram- PH3887A
Quaker State- QS3614
Supertech- ST3614
CarQuest- 85374
NAPA- 1374
Mobile- M1102
Bosch- 3330
Wix- 51374 (GT)
Wix- 51364 (Manta)
K&N- KNN-HP 1002
A/C Delco ACF-PT-53

Except for the Wix, I don't remember what filter is short or long as to which chassis it'll fit. I.E. Manta/Ascona or GT/Kadett. I'm sure there's a few other numbers that can be added to this list, but, it would help if those who do know these other numbers, please do a cut&paste and add the numbers. It will make a definitive list for those to come.

·
Super Moderator
5,296 Posts
Nice list, Gene . . .

Well, I knew this would come up one day, so, I'll post this list I carry in my wallet so that I can walk into just about any parts store and "hopefully" get something:

Purolator- L1002B
Fram- PH3614
Fram- PH3887A
Quaker State- QS3614
Supertech- ST3614
CarQuest- 85374
NAPA- 1374
Mobile- M1102
Bosch- 3330
Wix- 51374 (GT)
Wix- 51364 (Manta)
K&N- KNN-HP 1002
A/C Delco ACF-PT-53

Except for the Wix, I don't remember what filter is short or long as to which chassis it'll fit. I.E. Manta/Ascona or GT/Kadett. I'm sure there's a few other numbers that can be added to this list, but, it would help if those who do know these other numbers, please do a cut&paste and add the numbers. It will make a definitive list for those to come.
. . . but, based on our mutual experience, :banghead: it would be very helpful to ID those NOT! to be used with 'dealer installed' GM A/C using the GM A6 compressor installed on oil filter side of CIH engine . . .

·
Opeler
3,683 Posts
Oil Filters Comparison

I have a habit of saving various articles related directly or indirectly to Opels. The attached article is a comprehensive comparison between various brands of oil filters.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,671 Posts
. . . but, based on our mutual experience, :banghead: it would be very helpful to ID those NOT! to be used with 'dealer installed' GM A/C using the GM A6 compressor installed on oil filter side of CIH engine . . .
Very true Otto, I forgot about that.:banghead:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts