Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
GT master cylinder

i got in my gt today to drive it to the paint shop on the way that red light came on for the brake system brakes still felt fine drove to the paintshop but was to late they were already closed so i drove it back home and checked that wire on the master cylinder it wus still connected so i disconnected it and then the ligth wus out, so i assume something went wrong inside master cylinder i rebuilt less then 20 miles ago or so and havent had any problems till now, any ideas on what else to do or to check, any help will be appreciated.

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
well i have jus rebuilt the master cylinder less then about 20 or 30 miles agoand the light jus came on. is it safe to say if the brkaes still work and feel fine to jus ignore the light??

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
well that still doesnt help with my prob, i mean i no my gt has that e-brake switch that turns the red light on but i no thats not it becasue the light goes out when i disconecct the wire to the master cylinder, im gonna try and bleed the system tommorow see if that fixes my problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.