Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Easy Question

OK Guys, I'm going to show just how new I am to the GT.:cool:

What is the red annunciator light on the instrument panel? Mine stays on all the time. I'm guessing it is a brake system warning light. If so what do I need to do to put it out? I just rebuilt the front calipers but I haven't looked at the back brakes yet. Thanks.
Gregg

335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, OK, I'll look at that. I've used the emergency lever many times but perhaps the switch is misrigged. Thanks

335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I checked the e handle and don't find anything electrical associated with it. What I did find was the wire providing the power to this light is attached a pressure switch on the master cylinder. Now, the brakes seem to work pretty well, does this mean I need to bleed them or is it an indication that the master cylinder is failing?

335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I tried bleeding the brakes again and that did not extinguish the red light. As time permits this weekend I'll try again. I've already changed the two front brake lines and the rear brakes seem to work fine. I may try removing and cleaning the switch from the MC and see if that resets the light. I'll let you know.

335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE on my brake warning annunciator light. I rebuilt the master cylinder today and that cured the light. The plungers in the switch circuit were gummed up and full of 30 years of crud. It might be your master cylinder afterall likengtj.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.