Opel GT Forum banner

Red, White and Beautiful!!! Low Mile Manta

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  opelspyder 
#1 ·
As mentioned in other posts, I was awaiting a low mileage 1975 Manta to show up at the restoration shop here in Cookeville, TN. New Vintage Automotive. The car was originally purchased in Oakland, CA, and has survived a couple owners. The new owner wishes to have the exterior freshened up and a few odd and ends done to it. This car reminds me of my old Kadett that now resides with Vickie. White with red interior, and still has the new car smell. Noted several things, but underneath is like it was new, interior is excellent, just the exterior needs some touchups and trim reanodized. What amazed me about the car was the fact the quarter window still retains the factory emission sticker for California. How many of those were removed...probably when sold. I hope you enjoy the pics. Oh the car still has the catylitic converter, and starts right up and drives like a brand new car. Even the darn buzzer works. Just under 4,000 miles yes 3944 to be exact
Keith Lundholm

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Very pretty!

Funny how all those Manta valve covers peel off like that. We powder coated our last two and will probably do the one on the Sportwagon as well.

#4 ·
NoT sure why. But mine is still in great shape with original paint and no peeling at 48,000 miles.
No evidence it was ever repainted. Could be they sprayed the valve cover when they Ziebarted the Manta when new. :confused: But I didn't find any undercoating on it.:no:
What impresses me is how nice that red back seat is along the top. No sun damage!

#6 ·
The gas tank is currently out of it as that was one of the issues was debris in the tank, I think it isn't thatbad, but will have it resealed and clean up some items, there is a plastic tank being used currently. Supposedlya brake was locked up, but I haven't had any problems while driving it, so I dunno?? Wheels were powdercoated, and need the argent painted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.