Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Can Opeler
3,207 Posts
Not sure what I was expecting for $25 but they are JUNK.

Thin vinyl. looked like ahouse printer did it.

Cmon Larry, put some decent ink on some outdoor vinyl and Ill give you $50

Unless it costs more, then ill give you more.
Haha! I'm going to install them anyway. Won't hurt anything.

·
Can Opeler
3,207 Posts
So with the white gages talk I decide I need some. Got on eBay and guess what found some for 24 bucks. I got them today the place I got them from is called whitegauges.net phone is 866-935-620
Haha read this thread. Those are the gauge faces we've been talking about.

·
Senior Contributor
1,462 Posts
Make-N-Copies

The best materials for the white gauges would be High Grade Vinyl used in Graphic Art
( expensive stuff)
The Best thing to do is simple, get a copy of the white gauges.... it's here on this site...free
just find it copy onto CD or flash drive...download
Go to Staples, or a decent printer tell them you want the white vinyl used in Graphic sign making.. Staples I think I ended up paying $10 bucks a sheet ...so I made a few..takes no time. I didn't pre shrink mine... but is a good idea as FO81 did nice write up
If you can install the Speedo Decal without removing the needle or stop pin.
Your Good
Your ..your gonna have to cut the decal...That's a no,no It's much easier working with thicker vinyl... I would Do it right take it a part..clean and paint everything..."You are already there" no sense slapping it back to together
I painted the rings flat black and the plates white, polished chrome rings.
I would say it took 3 or 4 days taking my time FWIW So if you have Opelitus bad enough it won't matter lol

We should make a vote pole...Who has white gauges in there Opel ?

Good Luck

·
Opel Key Master
4,879 Posts
So with the white gages talk I decide I need some. Got on eBay and guess what found some for 24 bucks. I got them today the place I got them from is called whitegauges.net phone is 866-935-620
Is this a new site to get not so good quality items at cheap prices? I must tell Harold of this site!

·
Über Genius
8,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I saw the new printer working today. It does pretty good quality.
I believe the tech said it was 1200 DPI (laser quality).

I've been working, this evening, on getting the dieline made for the white face gauges. I will need to make a few tests. I'm also refining some of the weaker points of the VanDyke layout (nothing big, he did a good job).

I also learned a lot about the possible vinyl choices. One of the versions is highly resistant to shrinkage.

I wish there was a white printer ink installed in our printer because we have a roll of simulated carbon fiber vinyl in stock.

·
Patrick
862 Posts
do you still have the AMP gauge re mod available??? I'm thinking that might be a good member to the new dash I'm making which will be hydro dipped to look like wood...

I've installed the eBay special ones, and I got to say, they are not too bad! The clock does show some small cut lines for getting it around the needles, but I don't think they pretty nice.

·
Über Genius
8,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
do you still have the AMP gauge re mod available??? I'm thinking that might be a good member to the new dash I'm making which will be hydro dipped to look like wood...
Want wood-grain faced gauges? I bet that could be done also.

:p

·
Registered
114 Posts
LED lights look great in a dash! White/blue instead of the sickly green on most dash lights. The PROBLEM I had when I replaced some unreplaceable dash bulbs in my GM van is that LED's don't last long if you dim them. If I had replaced all bulbs I wouldn't have needed to dim the leds.
Yeah, I know, GT dash lights are so dim I bet no one dims them anyhow.

·
Senior Contributor
1,462 Posts
I've installed the eBay special ones, and I got to say, they are not too bad! The clock does show some small cut lines for getting it around the needles, but I don't think they pretty nice.
Heck am going with the Illuminated Digital Clock, if you can find theses...Destec I think
I have seen them on ebay from time to time. I have to say it's better than stock.. and I can see the time at night ( I used them before) Really Lights up the time in Green LED's
Fits nicely into the dash, also I had the dash Die Black different than paint looks like new
with the white gauges really pops

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hydro dipped.

Unless I've missed this before, I have wondered if anyone tried to hydro dip their dash plate yet. If you do please post pictures. I think the wood grain would be the way to go if you have the wood steering wheel. I thought about trying the carbon fiber or the engine turned look myself since steering wheel is black. I had a friend that I used to get a ride with many years ago that bought a new Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am. It had what looked like a spun aluminum or engine turned dash on it. Awesome. Please let me know if you have it dipped and send pics. They have kits available to dip it yourself at home now. Would be a great look to also do the area under the ash tray on the console to match.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dash face to go along with white faced gauges.

Unless I've missed this before, I have wondered if anyone tried to hydro dip their dash plate yet. If you do please post pictures. I think the wood grain would be the way to go if you have the wood steering wheel. I thought about trying the carbon fiber or the engine turned look myself since steering wheel is black. I had a friend that I used to get a ride with many years ago that bought a new Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am. It had the turned aluminum look on the dash.

OK. I forgot my age and realize that some people may not know about the Smokey and Bandit Trans Am, but here's a couple of pictures of the dash. If I could find out where to get an actual sheet of this, I'd just trace around the dash plate and cut to fit. Then screw it in. May be better than the hydro dip since it would be able to be removed, Match with the section under the ash tray. I think it would really look good with the white faced gauges and brighten up the interior a little.

Attachments

·
Can Opeler
3,207 Posts
East bound and down! Loaded up and truckin' we gunna do what they say can be done!
Sorry I had to...

21 - 40 of 49 Posts