Opel GT Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Patrick
862 Posts
Yes you have missed it....

Unless I've missed this before, I have wondered if anyone tried to hydro dip their dash plate yet. If you do please post pictures. I think the wood grain would be the way to go if you have the wood steering wheel. I thought about trying the carbon fiber or the engine turned look myself since steering wheel is black. I had a friend that I used to get a ride with many years ago that bought a new Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am. It had what looked like a spun aluminum or engine turned dash on it. Awesome. Please let me know if you have it dipped and send pics. They have kits available to dip it yourself at home now. Would be a great look to also do the area under the ash tray on the console to match.

·
Registered
159 Posts
A fantastic business started within 15 miles of my home and I was able to have my instrument panel hydro dipped by a fantastic couple of guys. Now just to finish up my white face gauges.

·
Senior Contributor
4,904 Posts
I just looked up Hydro Dipping in my area and found several places including one that specializes in "Carbon Fiber" look. I always wanted my dash done in carbon fiber so maybe this is a possibility but the amount of work to take the entire dash apart is a deterrent.

·
RunOpel
929 Posts
I also checked some places where I live and the cost is not extreme, but like you said Jeff, its the intense labor of work getting the dash removed :p It is a major royal pain in the rear. I know from experience, I have done it twice now and need to do it again (work on heater core). Waiting for better weather and Autoholic to finish with his custom radio project.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts