Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two accelerator pedal assemblies and they both have play in them. It appears that there is a spring pin that fastens the two shafts together at the pivot casting. The spring pin cannot be removed unless you drill it out because it is driven into a blind hole. Has anyone every repaired this situation? If you don't repair it there is alot of free movement in the pedal before the linkage moves.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Jeff, all the time, I thought that roll pin was a zerk fitting, there was so much grease in the cavity. Anyway, I just pulled the pin out of the barrel/sleeve with a pair of vise grips, so there's no need to use a drill bit on the pin. If your careful and don't deform the pin, you should be able to re-use it. HTH.

·
Senior Contributor
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
I tried that, either I need new vice grips from overuse :rolleyes: , or the end of the pin is not sticking out far enough, it just slips off. I guess if I have to I can weld something to the end of the pin. When you took yours apart where was the wear in it? Was the hole in the pedal piece elongated.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I would say there was very minimal wear on mine, but, you could see movement, although very little. The roll pin on mine was sticking out of the sleev/barrel about 1/4" so no problem getting the "grips" on it, If and when you get yours apart, you might think about getting a longer pin. It might take some doing running a drill bit through the spring steel pin, so I guess something tack welded to what's available is the way to go. HTH.

·
Senior Contributor
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tom,
Thanks for the offer. I got mine apart tonight. I used a sharp pair of flush cutting nippers to grab the pin. Fortunately it was not in too tight and voila :) , it popped right out. I am going to redrill the hole oversize and use a new pin to get rid of the play.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.