Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The 4-prong turn signal flasher used in the Opel is a bit scarce but they are out there. This is the same flasher used by VW and Porsche in the late 1960s-early '70s. OGTS has a conversion to a 3-prong flasher that requires modification to the existing wiring, but if simple replacement is desired, there are a few options. SplendidParts lists on its website an OEM Hella flasher for Euro 35 (about $42 USD), although the website indicates that this part is not currently available. SplendidParts itself is currently shut down until next month for office renovations, plus the entire country is shut down for Covid (I am still waiting for DHL to hand over to the USPS a shipment that has been sitting in Frankfurt since mid-October).

Checking the Hella website, the firm shows for the Opel part #4DM 003 360-021. A Google search on this number shows Amazon currently out of stock but ebay has them for $37.

There is also the EMPI #98-8713-B that will work. This is available on Amazon at prices from $15 and up

NAPA also has a 4-prong flasher that may work -- it showed up in my Google search for the Hella number -- and it lists for $12. Described as a "relay" the contact prongs appear consistent with our flashers, but I have not found any circuit diagrams to confirm they are compatible. It is an Echlin number, ECH AR7449

·
Registered
122 Posts
Your timing for this post is great. In my case the flasher is questionable, but the socket the flasher relay sits in is certainly damaged. Can you help me to identify a compatible socket relay for the flasher on Amazon (EMPI#98)?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Opeler
3,111 Posts
Your timing for this post is great. In my case the flasher is questionable, but the socket the flasher relay sits in is certainly damaged. Can you help me to identify a compatible socket relay for the flasher on Amazon (EMPI#98)?
Thanks in advance.
Matt
I would prefit a 4-pin relay socket to verify if it fits the flasher.

Ehdis Car Truck Relay Socket Harness kit 4 Pin 4 Pre-Wired 12V 40 Amp SPST Bosch Style, Automotive Auto Switches & Starters Set,Pack of 1

Cable Line Colorfulness Technology Parallel Product Technology Cable Electronic device Line

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would prefit a 4-pin relay socket to verify if it fits the flasher.

Ehdis Car Truck Relay Socket Harness kit 4 Pin 4 Pre-Wired 12V 40 Amp SPST Bosch Style, Automotive Auto Switches & Starters Set,Pack of 1

View attachment 431696 View attachment 431697
I am not sure that the relay that comes with this will work (it will work for a horn relay or the headlamp relay), but the pin fitment of the base should work. I do not think the relay supplied is wired internally to handle the dual T/S - 4-way flasher requirements of the OEM flasher)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts