Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
'72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check out this decal set for sale on eBay. It has the under hood decal that I haven't seen anywhere else and the VIN decal (but of course without the VIN and manufacture date included).

Matt

Attachments

·
PrOpeller
707 Posts
I had already purchased a set... they're nice quality.

Does anybody know if the German tire pressure decal goes in the same place as the U.S. one?

·
'72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My decals arrived yesterday and they are top notch quality. I can highly recommend this set!

Matt

·
1,287 Posts
I also received a set yesterday!!! Ditto on the high quality.

·
'72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had already purchased a set... they're nice quality.

Does anybody know if the German tire pressure decal goes in the same place as the U.S. one?
Can anyone answer this question? Also, does anyone have a measurement on where the emissions decal goes under the hood? An offset for the upper left corner of the decal would enable accurate placement.

Thanks!

Matt

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Mine came today. They were only $12.50 USD plus $7.50 as a very reasonable shipping cost and came via air mail in 8 days. UNBELIEVABLY SUPERB quality!

·
Opeler
1,474 Posts
Can anyone answer this question? Also, does anyone have a measurement on where the emissions decal goes under the hood? An offset for the upper left corner of the decal would enable accurate placement.

Thanks!

Matt
With the hood open to the vertical and measuring from the upper left corner of the decal to the flanges of the hood reinforcement members, the decal is 1 11/16" from the left flange and 1.5" from the upper flange. I hope my references make sense to you. I have attached two pictures.
Bob

Attachments

·
Opeler
479 Posts
I also ordered 2 sets very nice! A good deal in my book!

·
'72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With the hood open to the vertical and measuring from the upper left corner of the decal to the flanges of the hood reinforcement members, the decal is 1 11/16" from the left flange and 1.5" from the upper flange. I hope my references make sense to you. I have attached two pictures.
Bob
Thank's Bob for taking the time to take measurements and pictures. The pictures are a little dark but I think I follow. That is the driver's side in the photo correct?

·
Opeler
1,474 Posts
Thank's Bob for taking the time to take measurements and pictures. The pictures are a little dark but I think I follow. That is the driver's side in the photo correct?
Yes, that is the drivers side in the picture. Sorry about the dark pics. The dark paint just absorbed all of the light from the flash. The measurements are from the edge of the flat flange on the hood supports, not from the raised portion.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,958 Posts
other stickers

I got the hood and the ate sticker. Any help with 1,2,3?

Attachments

·
Opeler
1,208 Posts
Has anybody took pics of where all these stickers go?

I know the emission sticker goes on the hood.

The vin number one on the drivers door.

Where does the Ate blue sticker go? On the power booster?

What about the 2 tire pressure stickers? One is english and one part German.

Does the silver towing "eye" sticker go on the drivers door?

Karl

·
Registered
660 Posts
Decals

Lindsay, Thanks for posting decal reminder. I ordered a set yesterday,
missed out when they were cheaper 2 years ago. Roy

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I just ordered a set.

·
Who You Callin Yella?
35 Posts
Door VIN decal

Does anyone know if the German company that sells these can put your Mfr date and VIN on the door decal?:confused:

Craig

1 - 20 of 22 Posts