Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Opel Addict Since 73
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All - If anyone is interested in seeing them...I'll have two sets of the reproduction Manta Stripes at Carlisle. (black and white) I'll also have some of the SPORTWAGON decal reproductions. -SD

·
433 Posts
You're Sitting On A Gold Mine!!!

Do you know that FERRARI charges about $3000 for the stripes on the CHALLENGE STRADALE? And FORD charges about $5000 for the stripes on the new FORD GT?

·
Opeler
20 Posts
Sportwagon75 said:
Greetings All - If anyone is interested in seeing them...I'll have two sets of the reproduction Manta Stripes at Carlisle. (black and white) I'll also have some of the SPORTWAGON decal reproductions. -SD
I'll be glad to see pictures. I also reproduce the GT/E american strips and now I am working on the european strips ...
does it include the black hood ???

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
GT/E stripes

Redroze;
The GT/E also had the hood painted just like the US spec'd Rallye.
Gene

·
Opel Addict Since 73
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Redroze - You can see photos of the stripes in my member album and now some photos of the car are starting to show up in the Carlisle 04 event album. How sonn will your Euro stripe kits be available?? -SD

·
Opeler
20 Posts
Sportwagon75 said:
Redroze - You can see photos of the stripes in my member album and now some photos of the car are starting to show up in the Carlisle 04 event album. How sonn will your Euro stripe kits be available?? -SD
I think it will take a month or two. I just need to finish with my manta restoration ...
you can be sure I'll update here as soon as I'll have these kits ready ...

·
Registered
858 Posts
Pete's Reproduction Stripes

See the latest photo of my Opel Ascona Station Wagon, with my groovy new stripes... a local guy (here in S.E. Wisconsin) made this for me, and I was charged only $95.00. He said he could make any color, any logo, and he says, "name the car, he can do it".

And it takes one day.

So if anyone is interested, I'd be glad to help you, just email me.

Pete
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Opel Addict Since 73
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Original??

Pete - Are those stripes a custom job? Or are they a copy of some rare Euro version of the Ascona? -Scott

·
Registered
858 Posts
Pete's Reproduction Stripes

he is a local guy. he told me that the old days
used to stripe opels at a local buick/opel dealer.
he said is a copy of the the original.
he saw me the stripe i like it and i bought it.
no iam not sure if it is a copy of the original.
he said he can make any thing. takes a day or two.
pete

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Stripes

Pete;
Here's something very close to what I want done. In fact I'm having it done, just waiting to hear from the guy.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Stripes

Pete;
Mine is the 74 "signal blue" very similar as the blue that Richard Petty uses. The stripe I want will be black, but, it probably can be made in other colors. At the back, where yours says "Ascona 1900", mine will have "SPORTWAGON" and like yours, allow the body color to show through. I also want a matching stripe to go across the hatch, with "SPORTWAGON" off to one side. This picture is from an old article from which Opel was developing the "Sportwagon". As you can see, this Wagon is an older one like yours.
Gene

1 - 14 of 14 Posts