Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my search for Opel parts I just found this company online www.rockauto.com .... Has anyone dealt with them? I have to say I LOVE the way thier online catalog is set up (just like windows explorer with expanding folders and frames). They seem to have at least a decent inventory of Opel parts (at least brakes-wise.. that was what I was looking for). Just wondered if anyone knew anything of them?

·
Member 1000 Post Club
1,520 Posts
I purchased some parts from them last fall. Great prices on hydraulic lifters. They had great service too. In the past 9 months, I've spent a lot of money on engine, suspension, brake and other parts from Opel GT Source, OpelManta.com (Charles Goin), RockAuto and Ebay. No complaints from me so far. But before you buy from just anyone, you should check prices of our few Opel specific parts suppliers, such as, OGTS and OpelManta.com.

Good Luck
Paul

·
Registered
62 Posts
5% Discount Until 16 Oct 07

...I've bought from these guys multiple times in the past. Most recently, they had the best price on inner tie-rods. They always ship fast, and they are priced fair. Here's a discount code. They told me to share! :veryhappy

Thank you for being a Auto Parts Fast at RockAuto customer! To show our appreciation, we have a special discount for you.

Your discount code is:

Here's how to use it:

* Enter your code in the "How did you hear about us" line of the shopping cart.
* If you are using our traditional HTML catalog, please click the "Set" button to the right of the field.
* Your discount will automatically appear, subtracted from your order total.

**NOTE: We sometimes get calls from people who put the word "discount" in front of their code and do not get the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers.**

The discount takes 5% off our already-low prices, and there's no limit on order size or the number of orders. Use the code for your next order, and share the code with friends, neighbors, relatives, the guy at the corner garage--anyone you know who works on cars or trucks.

This discount code expires on October 16, 2007; so don't wait!

REMEMBER THE WIKI!

I hope you are happy with the parts you purchased and that your car or truck is once again performing as it should. Please use the RockAuto wiki to share your experience with others.

When I finish a repair on my car, I know what tools to use, what other parts have to be removed to get to the one I'm replacing, what fluids will splash me if I'm not careful, and other useful facts I wish I'd known when I started. I also can recognize the symptoms more quickly if the problem happens again.

Recording this knowledge in the wiki (wiki.rockauto.com) helps others who need to fix the same problem. It may even help you if, like me, you sometimes find yourself replacing the same part years later and struggling to remember how you did it the first time!

The easiest way to find the relevant wiki page(s) is to open the RockAuto catalog, look up the part you purchased and click the "Advice" link.

Thanks again for buying your auto parts at RockAuto!

Tom Taylor
VP Marketing
Auto Parts Fast at RockAuto
[email protected]
1-866-ROCKAUTO (1-866-762-5288)
(608) 661-1376

·
Manta Ray
64 Posts
go ahead and use them, I've been able to get pretty good deals on specific caps/rotors and hoses/belts. Like Paul said, theres no substitute for OpelGt Source but look here also...

·
Super Moderator
5,296 Posts
Try 'Other Links' here

In my search for Opel parts I just found this company online Auto Parts Fast at RockAuto .... Has anyone dealt with them? I have to say I LOVE the way thier online catalog is set up (just like windows explorer with expanding folders and frames). They seem to have at least a decent inventory of Opel parts (at least brakes-wise.. that was what I was looking for). Just wondered if anyone knew anything of them?
Posted about RockAuto here about a year ago with link!

·
UFOpel Investigator
3,472 Posts
Hey, thanks for the RA discount code. I buy from them a lot for my various cars. Just got '75 Opel brake pads from them. Ordered them on Monday and
they arrived Thursday PM. Even with shipping, it's had to beat their prices usually.
-Mk

...I've bought from these guys multiple times in the past. Most recently, they had the best price on inner tie-rods. They always ship fast, and they are priced fair. Here's a discount code. They told me to share! :veryhappy

Thank you for being a Auto Parts Fast at RockAuto customer! To show our appreciation, we have a special discount for you.

Your discount code is:

Here's how to use it:

* Enter your code in the "How did you hear about us" line of the shopping cart.
* If you are using our traditional HTML catalog, please click the "Set" button to the right of the field.
* Your discount will automatically appear, subtracted from your order total.

**NOTE: We sometimes get calls from people who put the word "discount" in front of their code and do not get the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers.**

The discount takes 5% off our already-low prices, and there's no limit on order size or the number of orders. Use the code for your next order, and share the code with friends, neighbors, relatives, the guy at the corner garage--anyone you know who works on cars or trucks.

This discount code expires on October 16, 2007; so don't wait!

REMEMBER THE WIKI!

I hope you are happy with the parts you purchased and that your car or truck is once again performing as it should. Please use the RockAuto wiki to share your experience with others.

When I finish a repair on my car, I know what tools to use, what other parts have to be removed to get to the one I'm replacing, what fluids will splash me if I'm not careful, and other useful facts I wish I'd known when I started. I also can recognize the symptoms more quickly if the problem happens again.

Recording this knowledge in the wiki (wiki.rockauto.com) helps others who need to fix the same problem. It may even help you if, like me, you sometimes find yourself replacing the same part years later and struggling to remember how you did it the first time!

The easiest way to find the relevant wiki page(s) is to open the RockAuto catalog, look up the part you purchased and click the "Advice" link.

Thanks again for buying your auto parts at RockAuto!

Tom Taylor
VP Marketing
Auto Parts Fast at RockAuto
[email protected]
1-866-ROCKAUTO (1-866-762-5288)
(608) 661-1376

·
1,089 Posts
They even answer emails. Good company to deal with but keep in mind what they offer is not always in stock. So, if you're passig on those ATE parts on ebay because RockAuto has them cheaper, you might want to ask them first if they are acutally available. Still, a safe company to order blindly from.

Jim

·
531 Posts
Rockauto rocks

I've bought several parts from them with no problems. Good prices, and they were able to get a bosch fuel pressure regulator for a porsche that no-one else seemed able to get (they have a search by part number as well as the funky catalogue.),

jtb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts