Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RockAuto.com is happy to be a sponsor of The Classic Opel Community! RockAuto.com is an online auto parts store founded in Madison, Wisconsin in 1999 by the Taylor family. RockAuto.com now ships thousands of auto parts from over 100 manufacturers to customers on every continent except Antarctica.

The RockAuto catalog is updated daily with mechanical parts like brake pads and shock absorbers, body parts like bumpers and mirrors, interior trim like door handles and carpets, and major assemblies like steering gears, CV axles, and engine long blocks. Service manuals and CDs are available to help customers learn how to perform a repair. The RockAuto catalog is expanding constantly. Someday it may be possible to build an entire car using parts from RockAuto.com!

RockAuto.com prices are low every day! Order online at RockAuto 24 hours a day. Parts are conveniently delivered to your door. Have parts questions that must be answered accurately? RockAuto.com has excellent customer service agents ready to help you get the parts you need. E-mail [email protected] or call Toll Free, 1-866-762-5288. (7am to 10pm Mon-Thurs, 7am to 9pm Fri, 8am to 4pm Sat -Sun, Central Time).

Discount Code: 40431872A114

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive discount.

Expires: 09/03/2009

·
Vendor
2,428 Posts
FWIW, looks like a 5% discount when you enter their code...at least that's what showed up when I looked up a gasket set.

·
Über Genius
9,367 Posts
5% off of what seemed to me to be reasonable prices already. George.
With a rebuilt Master Cylinder being only $30, I would say so.

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,409 Posts
half the price at NAPA

and they got to ship everything also.

·
Über Genius
9,367 Posts
Are you saying NAPA is cheaper or more expensive?

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
I wish I knew about this 4 weeks ago. I ordered a timing belt kit from them for my Saab. Great service/prices and the belt is working fine. Would've saved me about $ 10.00. Oh well.

·
Opel Intern
1,290 Posts
I wish I knew about this 4 weeks ago. I ordered a timing belt kit from them for my Saab. Great service/prices and the belt is working fine. Would of saved me about $ 10.00. Oh well.
I wish that I knew about this a week ago!!! I ordered brake hoses, pads, fuel filters, belts, an electric fuel pump, oil filters, an air filter, about 30 light bulbs, a starter motor and solenoid, and I'm sure that there is more that I am momentarily forgetting. 5 % would have been HUGE on that order.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Rock Auto usually always has discount codes that will save you at least 5%. I always do a google search, just type in Rock Auto discount codes. I also do this for many other sites that I purchase products from and it has saved me a great deal of money over the years.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Already linked here . . .

I wish I knew about this 4 weeks ago. I ordered a timing belt kit from them for my Saab. Great service/prices and the belt is working fine. Would of saved me about $ 10.00. Oh well.
I wish that I knew about this a week ago!!! I ordered brake hoses, pads, fuel filters, belts, an electric fuel pump, oil filters, an air filter, about 30 light bulbs, a starter motor and solenoid, and I'm sure that there is more that I am momentarily forgetting. 5 % would have been HUGE on that order.
Guys, I listed a link to Rock Auto here at this site in mid 2006, three years ago!

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
I believe they're saying that they wish they knew about the discount codes earlier. Right:confused:
. . . point was that you can search for discounts in effect on their site and site was linked here already!

·
'72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts
I've ordered several times from Rock Auto and have alway received excellent service! I had to exchange a water pump once and it was handled very professionally and quickly.

Matt

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,409 Posts
Are you saying NAPA is cheaper or more expensive?

Sorry, I thought I Knew what I was saying, it just did not come out right. NO NAPA is not cheaper. Now we have to see how fast their (Rock Auto) delivery is. I got three (3) shipments on the way.

·
Registered
60 Posts
. . . point was that you can search for discounts in effect on their site and site was linked here already!
... my point is that a lot of times you can find a bigger discount code by just doing a simple search on google or yahoo. Many times Rock Auto runs a 7% or a 10% discount and these codes can be found by search engines. Rock Auto does not want to post many discounts on their site. They advertise their business via other sites and place promotional discounts on those sites. There are websites that are dedicated to finding these discount codes and share them with others. I always do a simple search to try to find discount codes for any purchase via the internet. Just a tip.

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I will use it:)

·
Opeler
603 Posts
About a month ago rock Auto announced that some of their suppliers were clearing inventory off their selves so they had a deep discount sale on some Opel specific items. So register your cars with them and sign up for the newsletter. I have been using them sporadically for about 3-4 years. Service has been good. Recently I needed a master ABS cylinder for my 91 Caravan. It was much cheaper there. Unfortunately, the first one leaked but they accepted the return and replaced it immediately without question.

Terry

http://www.rockauto.com/Newsletter/index.html

1 - 20 of 27 Posts