Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Opel gone bad
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up Rocky Mountain OPELERS!?

We are meeting at 1pm at Castlewood Canyon, same place as last year, this Sunday the 17th.

Its a park, so we will be BBQ'n... bring some food and drinks!

Directions - Highway 83 is now open north of the East Entrance. To reach Castlewood Canyon State Park, take I-25 to Exit 182 at Castle Rock, turn east on Highway 86, go six miles to Franktown, turn south on Highway 83 (S. Parker Rd.) and go five miles south to the park entrance.

5$ bucks to get into the park.

http://parks.state.co.us/default.asp?parkID=76&action=park

Thanks,
Chuck

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
good warning for the southern group, 2 days works good. While your that way go a few miles south and go say hi to my old neighbor and get a pic of the silver one. I know that area well. Stay away from the intersection at 115, it's the worst in Colorado.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Well, it looks like I might as well make an appearance somewhere. I need to go check on that one silver car. If I make it I'll be in the S-10 with the short girl. Any part requests? I'll bring some sodas and some sort of food.

The wagon would be fun to take but alas I'm still checking it out and the title hasn't shown up yet, so it's not quite legal yet. No way on taking Thumper back up there.

·
Opel gone bad
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice!

I will be happy to finally meet you dave! I do need an opel expert to look at my opel and give me some good advice! Have you seen Mike's opel? The red one in the pictures from last year? I hope he brings that!

I got lucky yesterday and found a midas shop that could put on my new exhaust so I will be driving my opel. I now have the sprint manifold and stock head pipe, cut at the "y" and then 2" to a magniflow then 2" over the axle into 2 oval chrome tips! I'm excited! its sounds mean!

wedding vs. opel meet... hmmm... good luck rose! hope to see you there!
chuck

·
Opel gone bad
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike Sells is his name... do you know him?

Rose, I would HAVE to go to the wedding too. :)

We should have another meet later in the summer/early fall so others who missed can make it.

·
Opel gone bad
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think we are covered on food and such... I am bringing extras just in case. I have some burgers, dogs, pop, water, charcoal and mustard and ketchup.
should be fun!

bring whatever! cya

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Ok long drive from this end but it was fun. Nice cars and saw my first Ascona.

On a funny note it was like being married again. Ever have anybody come up and say "oh your nobody" shake your hand and want to talk? Sounds like my ex. Seriously, I had fun and it was good meeting everybody.

·
Opel gone bad
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It was a sucess! We had a total of 3GTs and one asconda! Hopefully I'll get time and upload pictures tonight...

It was good to meet nobody finally as well.

I think there is a plan to try to organize a meet right when the folks who are going to the OMC picinic are coming thru town... That's if they head through denver. I'll post if I get news on that. Otherwise we should set something up maybe late August for the people who missed out!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.