Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
It'd be easier and cheaper to make one of your own. Get some PVC pipe from Home Depot, or Lowes, and mock one up the way you want it, then take it to a machine shop.

·
Super Moderator
14,180 Posts
Autopower industries, and Kirk Racing both make/sell Opel GT rollbars and rollcages. But freight shipment can be costly.

Alternatively, you could have a local circle track fabrication shop make one up. If you're gonna race it someday, have them make it from 1.5" x .095" or 1.75" x .095" DOM tubing. If it's primarily for 'looks', then ERW tubing is okay.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
14,180 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,180 Posts
Sorry, but I dealt with them for many years. I used to sell them parts....example: Stock Opel rod bolt. I sold it to the general public for $5.85. I gave them a discount off this price, as they are a business. They turned around and sold it for $12!

When I inquired once about buying an aluminum flywheel from them, and what my (business) discount might be, they said they don't give any.....

·
315 Posts
We make roll bars and cages for the GT... 1.5" x 0.095 DOM ONLY so that they are safe. ERW is cheap, but it may rupture. Our bars & cages won't be the cheapest (because they are TIG welded) but they are the best. If you have a $10 body, then buy $10 worth of safety.

We do two styles of roll bars... bolt in for auto-x and such and weld in for the best safety & chassis stiffness improvement. Both styles meet all SCCA requirements. Full cages are weld in only. We ship the full cages with "main hoop" completely and all the other pieces bent and cut. Before we ship a cage, we tack weld it together in our GT shell so we're sure it fits correctly. We "break" it back apart and ship it with the tack welds still in place so all you have to do is fit the tack points together. Email me if you want more info: [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts