I have read the threads/posts regarding problems with the window that does not want to roll up straight and have tried adjusting everything - I read the Sept. 3, 2007 Window adjustment on a GT by Killer Texas GT which appears to cover all of the possible adjustments. So with all of that and the last 5 hours of experience I am still stumped. I did replace the window at one time years ago and am just getting around to trying to get it right.
- The window rolls down fine - however requires a lot of effort to get it to roll up
- There is very little play in the cables maybe a half inch to an inch in the lower cable - If I pull on the slack to tighten it the window will still roll up incorrectly - would adding that extra pressure normally correct the issue if it was slack in the cable
- When rolling the window up the glass tends to lean forward leaving a gap at the rear of the window opening - with that said when I stop rolling up and back off a little it self corrects and settles into place, however that does not happen the last inch and a half to the top - I can force it and it almost closes but leaves just a very small crack and you can tell that the back is still leaning a little bit forward and not completely seated in the channel
- I have also noticed that when the window is in the lowered position if you grab the window on both sides of the part that attaches to the slide if will move up and down - left to right or in other works it wobbles, side to side, - wanted to know if that is normal for there to be play in this part as it seems if there was no wobble then there would be no problem
- Or am I barking up the wrong tree and need to add a pully, as described in some of the other threads so the lower wires are super tight as I have adjusted everything else