Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Opeler
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rotate ball joint when using lowered leaf spring?

I purchased a 2" lowering spring from OGTS and the instructions mention rotating the ball joint 180 degrees but I don't understand exactly how? If its the lower one, how is this so, :confused: since the base is round and it is pressed in? Is this for clearance or for function? Could someone elaborate specifically how this is done? Thanks
Mauri :confused:

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
For the 2" bar you turn the upper ball joint 180. This is to get your geometry back into at least the close range of spec. 2 bolts per side and real easy to do.

·
Opeler
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ball joints

Thanks Nobody, so can I simply drill two holes in the control arm (180 deg.), remove the two screws, rotate the ball joint and place the screws in the new holes? Please tell me its this easy! Thanks Again.
Mauri

·
Senior Contributor
903 Posts
Mauri,

When I added the OGTS 2" front spring I was expecting and wanting to get the 2 degrees of negative camber as described. However, I only ended up with 1/4 degrees negative camber. You MAY not need to turn that ball joint around. FYI, I've started a tutorial on DIY alignments which would teach you how to cheaply and easily measure this at home. Now I just need to finish it:)

Bob, do you recall what the camber gain of a stock GT front suspension is in this range of motion?

-Travis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts