Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Opeler
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I'm going to try something new this year. As it happens Gil Wesson is also a vintage airplane fan and will be coming to my house here in Dayton Ohio Tuesday the 20th to visit the National Museum of the United States Air Force. Charles Goin will also be driving through on Wed and will be stopping over for the evening and night. So we've all decided to have an Opel pre-National Party at my house Wed the 21st roughly about 5 or 6 pm to whenever! So for anyone traveling to the Route 66 event and perhaps driving through Dayton OH you are welcome to come over. I also have limited room for anyone who might want to spend the night and then drive to Springfield the next day. Both Charles and Gil will be be here all evening so there is going to be lots of of great Opel stories. If you are interested please send me a PM and I'll provide further details.

Mike

·
Opeler
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man I have school!
I think you have a "teacher's in-service" event that day so you can come to Dayton instead! Seriously you are only 2 1/2 hours away so you could come right after school and still be here.

Reactions: SpringGT

·
Registered
The Young One
1,725 Posts
I will tell my grandpa about it. If we would be able to come the opel can’t come since it isn’t registered and it doesn’t have headlights.

Reactions: V6Opel

·
Senior Contributor
695 Posts
Hey folks, I'm going to try something new this year. As it happens Gil Wesson is also a vintage airplane fan and will be coming to my house here in Dayton Ohio Tuesday the 20th to visit the National Museum of the United States Air Force. Charles Goin will also be driving through on Wed and will be stopping over for the evening and night. So we've all decided to have an Opel pre-National Party at my house Wed the 21st roughly about 5 or 6 pm to whenever! So for anyone traveling to the Route 66 event and perhaps driving through Dayton OH you are welcome to come over. I also have limited room for anyone who might want to spend the night and then drive to Springfield the next day. Both Charles and Gil will be be here all evening so there is going to be lots of of great Opel stories. If you are interested please send me a PM and I'll provide further details.

Mike
Do you happen to know what the Opelers Hotel in Sringfield is, trying to get there Friday the 23rd for the Show.
Thanks,

·
Registered
The Young One
1,725 Posts
Do you happen to know what the Opelers Hotel in Sringfield is, trying to get there Friday the 23rd for the Show.
Thanks,
There is a thread on the show. It has the hotel info in it.

·
Registered
The Young One
1,725 Posts
Here’s what it looked like.
It was great meeting more Opelers!

View attachment 448297
Looked like fun! Those cars look very sharp! Maybe next year If you guys do something again like this I can maybe drive my Gt after school to something like this! Can’t wait to see some of you guys in Springfield!

·
Opeler
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What a great time! Thanks to Charles and Greg Nicholas for driving their Opels long distances from out of time! Had several local Opels and a few who came without their Opels. I might have to make this an annual event!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts