Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Opeler
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get the 6 rubber bumper spacers for thr rear bumpers?Is there something else that would work?Also there are three holes above the muffler where the inner and outer body parts meet that look like they were ment to be drain holes but they are filled with seam sealler.Shoud I clean these out to make drains?

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
George, here's a couple of pics on the questions you had. The first shows the rear bumper spacers off my GT with a ruler to show approxzimate size with the sleeves shown that go over the studs and inside the rubber bushings. The second show the drain holes with the plugs that go in them. The two over the resonator are in fact drain holes, the third hole behind and on the driver's side is the fuel tank outlet hole and there is a rubber bushing available, along with the plugs, from OGTS. HTH.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
He meant these

George said:
Where can I get the 6 rubber bumper spacers for thr rear bumpers?Is there something else that would work?Also there are three holes above the muffler where the inner and outer body parts meet that look like they were ment to be drain holes but they are filled with seam sealler.Shoud I clean these out to make drains?
Actually, he meant these holes (half moon shape), namba, and yes, it's a good idea to unclog them . . . I do on mine anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Darn Otto, now I'll have to back and check that on mine to be sure they're open after all the body work and paint. BTW, I tried to open the attached image you copied and modded with the text and arrows but it wouldn't open. :(

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
modded image

namba209 said:
Darn Otto, now I'll have to go back and check that on mine to be sure they're open after all the body work and paint. BTW, I tried to open the attached image you copied and modded with the text and arrows but it wouldn't open. :(
That's probably because I modified the thumbnail! :eek: Here it is larger:

Attachments

·
Opeler
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bumper spacers

with the holes cleaned out will it suck in exhaust fumes lihe when the tail light gaskets are bad?I cleaned out the rust and filled a few holes with marine tex and opened up the drains at least it shouldn't rust anymore in that area.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
GT's Kamm effect tail

George said:
with the holes cleaned out will it suck in exhaust fumes lihe when the tail light gaskets are bad?I cleaned out the rust and filled a few holes with marine tex and opened up the drains at least it shouldn't rust anymore in that area.
No, they're ahead of the tail pipe outlets air-flow wise. The whole reason why bad tail light gaskets are a problem is because the GT has a "Kamm effect" rear end (flat, chopped-off), which creates negative pressure vortexes immediately behind it. Great for car's aerodynamics, not great when you have leaky tail light seals . . . negative pressure sucks exhaust fumes right in. All this happens behind tail end of car, three half-moon slits are in front of where this takes place, OK?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.