Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After putting on my 3 pound door skins and made some contour changes to the flares,. Note how the doors skins come straight down on the sides. Well this one tech inspector didn't like like. So it was " SHOW ME" the spec please. It said." Doors must maintain the shape ". I removed it and showed him the unaltered door opening. "Looks like the same shape to me". Chief of Tech was consulted and found legal, but was strongly suggested to make the door skin more stock looking. LOOKING ? Just playing the game.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,472 Posts
Ha! That's funny! They were okay with all the mods you did to the rest of the car, but gave you a hard time about your doors/side skirts! Ha!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had added a splitter lip/bellypan to the bottom edge of the front Lexan airdam covering the complete underside right up almost to the front suspension cross member. Well I got protested by one of the 510 GT-4 racers. I went back to my van and got my factory manual. The protest got thrown out. LETS RACE !

·
Living in the past
2,340 Posts
I had added a splitter lip/bellypan to the bottom edge of the front Lexan airdam covering the complete underside right up almost to the front suspension cross member. Well I got protested by one of the 510 GT-4 racers. I went back to my van and got my factory manual. The protest got thrown out. LETS RACE !
I went to Richmond to the Spring Nationals one year and the tech man went over my car with a fine tooth comb, even though the Car had IHRA World Record Holder on the side of the quarter which means that it was inspected be the head Tech Inspector before being cretified for that record. Finally he came up with I could not ran that class because the car had to have street equipment such as windshield wipers (you could take the blades off but they had to be in the car) all lights had to work including brake lights and you had to have a horn. He said he was turning me away because I did not have a horn. I reach in the car and pressed the horn button and it blew, it was in the trunk(lol) he said you can't have no horn in no trunk. I got the rule book out of my back pocket and handed it to him and said "show me where it says I can't have the horn in the trunk, it a silly rule to start with, I am not going to blow my horn at anyone going down the track to get them out of the way any more than I'm going to drag race in the rain to need windshield wipers to see where I am going. The head Tech man came up about that time and laughed his butt off, told the tech man I was right and to pass my car for the class I had painted on the window.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts